Stephen King's Under the Dome - TV Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ummmm...

Phew! Was worried there you were going to go in a pretty awkward area. But, yeah, she's made a lot of bad decisions Other hints include making Junior a deputy. Which I guess his character redemption arc is over since now it seems even what's-her-name (Angie?) sort-of trusts him now. I mean it's not like a week and a half or so ago she was peeing and pooping herself in his rape dungeon. Er, storm shelter.

I am glad mustache-twirling lady villain is gone. Sheesh was her coming-out-of-nowhereness villainy getting old. And, yes, honey, walk around an abandoned mine in 3-inch heels, I bet that will work out well for you.

And, WOW! Did you see how easy and convenient it is to use that Toyota Plug-In Hybrid?! There's even convenient charging stations at your local clinic that's been without major power for over a week! (I doubt the back-up generators are running the recharger for the single electric car in town and are going to more critical systems.)

And, wow, for a kid who's only had some driving lessons he sure maneuvered around the storm debris and falling branches nicely. I've been driving for 20 years and I doubt I could pull that kind of stunt-driving off.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gran Turismo PS3 and teenage reflexes bro. Just like Beggar's Canyon back home. Though really, he probably could have just driven through that wimpy tree with no ill effects, what with the advanced safety features of said Toyota Hybrid, lease today for an affordable payment of just $250 per month, order today with our easy to use Toyota app exclusively available on Windows 8 Tablets and Windows Phone.

3. Trekker4747

And, remember, all Windows 8 Tablets are immune to the electronics-ruining properties of mysterious alien domes!

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

D.A.Y.R.L. playing pole position?

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

This show is so ridiculous. The acting is soap opera quality; especially the teenagers. I don't think it's the actors fault, though. The dialogue is just terrrrrible. I can't believe I'm still watching. Probably not next season.

6. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh no...there's going to be another season?

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

But will any one still be interested in this show next summer?

The only way I can see staying fresh is if you had a temporary opening in the dome or something where new characters can come in and others out, then have it close again.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Actually missed the last episode, and don't care to catch up...

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't even think there was really any redemption in him. There are times when he's OK, and that's mostly when the public is around, but whenever he gets a chance, he switches to his psycho mode, kind of like Jekyl & Hyde. Like when they were both alone in the barn together, for instance, he was going on about it bringing them together and when she refused to be together with him, he walked out. So, his interests lay elsewhere, and he only came back because of the Dome. If he'd have his way, he'd probably put her back in the shelter. I don't think she trusts him any more than she did before. You can kind of see that when they're having that argument in the barn, and you can see that she gets uncomfortable whenever they end up alone together.

And yeah, definitely puzzled as to how they're going to get a second season out of this. With each passing episode, it becomes clearer that there's a definite end to it. A second season wouldn't be based on the book and would go in its own direction, assuming there's even anything left by the end of season 1. Maybe they'll have to find out that they aren't the only ones living under a dome, with others in different countries.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

The first two episodes really didn't grab me, so I didn't bother with episode 3 this week...

11. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see there being a "Smash"-like firing of the writing staff or a "Law & Order: LA" type cast re-alignment.

I don't know how long they can keep Barbie running, but they really need somebody that can stand up to Big Jim on a consistent basis.

12. Danny99

Big Jim is the worst written villain of all time. Each time someone asks him something that can be easily explained away, he's gives the most roundabout answer. He's almost cartoonish, just missing the mustache to twirl.

So in order to keep him looking smart, Linda and the majority of Chester's Mill residents are made to look like idiots. Jim tells Linda to jump and she says how high. She worked beside Barbie and had him as a deputy for a bit and now she's taking Jim at his word that he killed all these people. What a one eighty. And the opening scene of last night reminds me of a MST3K joke about an "easy-led wise council." These people are such dullards.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of her deputies killed someone and ran, and the other is Barbie wo is wanted for mass murder and ran.

(The running is worse then the crimes. These are lawmen, who should welcome their day in court and their punishment or vindication otherwise they're fucking hypocrites for wearing badges (Barbie refused the badge. Shut up.) and doling justice to all the other criminal scum.)

Linda should have been told to resign because her department is a mess.

Objectively Junior is the closest thing to not a fuckup, and that's only because somehow he's kept his fuckup, his MASSIVE fuckup under the carpet.

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My favorite part was when Big Jim told Linda to tail the kids, so she chose to follow them in a police car and approximately 50 feet behind them. Way to be incognito Linda!

15. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

This was all from the original book, where Big Jim was even more blatantly evil. He just said "Barbie did this" and everyone believed him.

16. Trekker4747

Again, it being from the book doesn't mean it makes sense.

17. Danny99

I would be happy that they stuck to somewhat of the original text if they already hadn't deviated it from it with Maxine and that waste of time. They are trying to drag it out into multiple seasons, but at this point, I don't know how they'll write themselves out of this pickle.

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me the worst bits from this week were the military radio transmissions (ok I guess this didn't start just this week, but, seriously, that shit's not encrypted?) and the whole Junior/Angie/Linda sequence.

Let me get this straight... Forrest goes all "She tastes like cigarettes sorry for ruining your New Year's party Lt. Dan", which alerts him to the fact that Barbie is around... or that something is up.. because...?

Then he chases her, radios Linda when he sees Barbie... and then despite the fact that Angie is gone with Julia before Linda makes it there, and Junior is crumpled in a heap not saying anything, she reports to Big Jim that Angie got away with Julia, which she totally didn't see. I mean the camera even goes out of the way to show that the ambulance is totally out of sight right before the police car comes into view. I mean maybe he radioed offscreen that someone had taken Julia... seems like a stretch... I mean he goes to chase Angie and what...? Radios Linda that Angie pulled the wool over his eyes and that Julia is missing? That still doesn't mesh with her line to Big Jim since Angie didn't have Julia when Junior radioed her to begin with.

Also, didn't Linda steal Phil's car because someone siphoned her gas or something? And then ditched Phil and told him to fuck off because he's not a cop. Because all of a sudden he's her new police sidekick and they're rocking a police cruiser.

19. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I love how everybody hates this show but still watches it :lol::lol:

20. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Jericho eventually got over that, you know. It ended incredibly strong----though that might have been due to the writers being forced to cram 22 episodes' worth of season 2 into 7.