Joe Cornish To Direct STAR TREK 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by LOKAI of CHERON, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

There are going to be haters who refuse to accept any reboot or who try to psychoanalyze JJ Abrams and attribute ulterior motives to his every decision or anything he says in an interview, and that annoys me as much as it does anyone else. But there are also people who aren't going to agree with you about the action and/or character development in the last two films, who have a different point of view which you've flat out said you're going to dismiss out of hand. How is that, or generalizing anyone who complains about too many explosions as a "hater," not closed minded?

2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

No, I didn't "flat out say" I was going to dismiss the opinions of those who hold a different view "out of hand" - something I would never do. If you're going to continue to misquote and misrepresent me, this is pointless.

Once again, I've seen variants on "too many 'splosions" over and over again - and for me, it is getting very tiresome. Also, I said "many" not "anyone".

3. Hober Mallow

How else to interpret the following quote other than you have summarily decided certain criticisms -- one you specifically indicate with an eyeroll for emphasis -- are to dismissed out of hand?
    Like I said, there are always going to be haters, but I'm not getting the connection between complaints about the indiscriminate use of explosions to "hating."

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Come on, guys. I've tried for years now to discourage the use of the term "hater" for all kinds of reasons—tends to lead to people beating their heads together for no good reason, among other things—but "many haters begin their critique" does not equal an explicit "connection between complaints about the indiscriminate use of explosions" and "hating".

We're all fans here, and we can manage to disagree on this or that without bending over backwards to take or give offense, 'K?

5. Hober Mallow

"Many criminals smoke marijuana... but understand, I'm not making any connection between the two." :)
    Sorry, Lokai, I didn't mean to get pushy, or to derail the thread. I have a tendency to do both, but rarely at the same time. :) Can we still meet for drinks in the southernmost part of the galaxy?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013