The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

That's not from that awful movie!

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ^
    The Vintage Collection "Revenge of the Sith" Boba? Yeah, it's great. There's also an EMPIRE variant with the same Vintage sequence number(VC09) that has a removable helmet with Temeura Morrison's head underneath. The "Revenge" and ROTJ versions are, I believe, the 2004 VOTC figure with some tweaks to make him even better than before.

Congrats on the Y-Wing! Even I don't have a Y-Wing! Sounds awesome! :techman:

That's good to hear! I dunno, the Stallone movie did so much to ruin Judge Dredd for me...I always associate the two.

"I'm de LAW!" :lol:

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I had the chance to read the comics waaaaaay before the Stallone movie. When he dropped the helmet 10 minutes in, I knew the movie was fucked up. And then Rob Schneider opened his mouth...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  4. cooleddie74

When Rob Schneider's in a comic book action film? You know you just wasted your hard earned money. Larry Flynt would have added more weight and substance to that train wreck.

In another vein, here's a new photograph from the Philippines showing just how big the box containing the brand new Episode I MTT(Multi-Troop Transport) is compared to other large vehicles. The MTT Droid carrier just hit store shelves in the Philippines and is expected to arrive on U.S. shores sometime over the course of the next couple of months. It's MSRP will be somewhere in the range of $140.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  5. cooleddie74

The Trade Federation MTT revealed in excruciating (but pleasant) detail!

Gotta say. The Obi-Wan pack-in figure is a supreme disappointment. They could have done a lot, lot better than this thing. A Gungan Warrior, for example, since the MTT Battle Droids were engaged in point-blank combat with the Gungans in the first prequel, not the two Jedi on Naboo. But Hasbro probably thinks that it needs a big-name character to help better sell the vehicle so voila...really crappy Obi-Wan mold from thirteen years ago tossed in for the heck of it. On the bright side, the vehicle does come with 16 pre-posed and four highly articulated Battle Droids so the Obi-Wan is just filler you can toss in a junk drawer if you prefer.

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think you mean Revenge of the Jedi. Definitely awesome though. I already had the Empire Fett so I was pleased when I found this one. It's suitably different to the Empire one to warrant owning.

My haul of Search For Luke battle pack, Landspeeder and Luke's tauntaun arrived. All awesome. So glad they were on sale though, particularly Luke's tauntaun as no way is that worth £20 on its own.

7. cooleddie74

Oh yeah, JEDI...not "Sith." My bad. A lot of people get those two cardfronts juxtaposed because they both have "Revenge" written on them, and heaven knows there were plenty of SITH and "Revenge of the Jedi" cardfronts to go around last fall and winter. :p

8. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ How many Star Wars figures do you actually have in your collection then?

9. cooleddie74

At last rough, unscientific count? Well over 2,000.

10. cooleddie74

A brand-new, hi-res shot of the final store packaging for the MTT Troop Transport, complete with the pack-in Obi-Wan figure visible in the lower right hand corner along with a couple of Battle Droids. Looks like this is going to hit in July...August at the latest, so if you have about $150 of disposable income to drop on one vehicle with almost two dozen included figures then make a note and keep and eye out for this behemoth to start landing on the lower shelves of toy and retail stores. It'll be a little bigger than the AT-AT Walker.

[​IMG]

11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Next time someone mocks me for my doll collection, I'm pointing them in the direction of this thread. :p ;)

12. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Cooleddie, I am not a Star Wars collector, but I plan on picking up this MTT because I know in the future I will be able to sell it for more than I paid for it. I consider it an investment.

13. cooleddie74

Don't take it out of the box, then, if you're looking for a long-term investment. And not all STAR WARS merchandise goes up in price. I own figures and vehicles from ten or fifteen years ago that are worth the same or even less now than they were when they were brand new.

So much of this stuff is produced in enormous quantities that it just isn't going to appreciate much if at all over time. The original 1970s and '80s toys are different because so relative few of them are still in their original packaging...back then most kids opened their movie toys and played with them. But so much of the current market is comprised of stuff that's still in the box or on the blister card that quite a bit of it is practically worthless.

Now, the MTT? Who knows. As a $150 motorized and electronic item that takes up a lot of shelf space and is specifically tied to one of the least popular of the films I imagine it has a much more limited production run than, say, TIE Fighters or Landspeeders. It might get more valuable as it gets older if the production run was abbreviated, but it's way too early to say for certain. If you get one, leave it sealed in the box. I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but the minute you crack open the packaging and remove the contents it loses half or more of its value.

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

AAAAAAAAH!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WANT! :drool:

15. cooleddie74

That is beyond sweet. Some sexy stuff there.:devil:

16. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I have rarely seen a model or statue that did such wonderful justice to the original actor. It's like having your very own Scarjo.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

That Black Widow figure is amazing!!

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just coming here to post that. Holy shit. That's even more life-like than Loki!!!!

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

No backside picture?

:whistle:

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: