Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

You're supposed to have digital copies of the magazines if you subscribe.

Has anyone actually accessed them? How does it work?

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its essentially just a web-viewer for the magazine. Think of a PDF file that's embedded into a website (you can't download it).

3. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the binder with the new design?

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, as cool as it would be to have all of these there's just a great many ships I'm just not to terribly interested in having, so what I plan on doing is just buying the ships I want individually from Amazon or other on-line retailers.

In regards to this collection, though, has it really been going on since sometime in 2013? Because with the E-D "signing bonus" ship and then two ships a month it seems like there's not a year, year a half's worth of ships available.

Anyway, the E-D model is really great looking, would have appreciated something instructing me on how to mount the base to the model, I tried attaching it to the back of the ship like I had seen in a picture but the balance was way,way off, Finally figured out to mount it by having the mount go up behind the saucer and connect near the impulse engines.

Anyway, as I said, looks like a fantastic collection but looking over what's released and to be released I can't entirely justify going with the subscription and will just buy the individual ships I want as they become available.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I and a few others are picking them up from shops when they're released. As I am only getting the Starfleet vessels at the moment, I have sixteen normal ships out of the possible thirty-eight already released along with the three specials so far.

The first model went properly on sale in August 2013 here and as I said, we're upto issue thirty-eight. They're released every two weeks and I don't see a shortage in ships.

The magazine is incorrect, you have mounted it correctly. Defiant and Voyager are both mounted at the back which isn't the best idea.

Good for you?

6. Trekker4747

Yeah, going through it seems like the number ships matches the number of weeks the series has been in running.

Man, the special-release DS9 is pretty damn pricey to pick up on its own!

That seems uncalled for.

7. Brefugee

Compared to what exactly?

It's bigger than all the other models, highly detailed and made completely from die cast metal. Of the three specials so far, it's also been the cheapest by several pounds.

I personally am surprised it was sold so cheaply and a profit was made on it.

8. Trekker4747

It's going on Amazon right now for around $70 from secondary sellers, as opposed to the $35 or so I paid for the E-D.

9. Brefugee

Good for them. I recently sold an Enterprise E that I bought for £10 and sold it for quiet a bit more than what I paid for.

I thought you were referring to it's original cost which I understand is what Eaglemoss still sells it at. Something like £19.99 or just a bit more.

10. Trekker4747

Looking on their website, there's only a handful of the ships available, and one of them is not the DS9. I'm guessing it's a limited production and they're sold out.

11. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

Any aussie subscribers received issues 20 & 21 yet?? They were due out well over a week ago now??

12. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've noticed that US customers can buy the Vengeance special online from some retailers already; before US subscribers can get it as part of their subscriptions. So I already can buy it at below subscription pricing (and $8 shipping) and get it in a week, or I can wait a month (or more) and receive it for regular price.

USS Vengeance

13. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

I called them a week an a bit ago but that was for issues 18 & 19. They said they have delays with that shipment so it might be the same for yours.

14. Markonian

Yesterday I got the newly released Delta Flyer in a newsagent here in Cork, Ireland.

Living in Ireland on the one hand and having the German premium subscription on the other means I get releases as soon as possible, including the premium shuttles. Lucky me! :rommie:

15. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pictures of issues 40-48 along with the Centaur are out

Pictures

16. Markonian

I could write a litany of praise for the models that were chosen and the quality of the reproduction. Instead, I'll just say

Want. :drool:

If I was skilled in producing stickers, I might label the Intrepid myself. USS Pioneer NCC-63 anyone? :rommie:

To me, Eaglemoss is a messiah delivering us from a model-free existence. :bolian:

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Thanks very much for posting those! Looks like they're definitely going with the CG version of the Centaur that was made for the original Fact Files rather than the original physical model design by Adam Buckner, which is in a different scale (based on which bridge module was used) but it looks really nice otherwise, as do all the others.

18. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

so apparently there will be an announcement about the next 5 models and some info on the d4 special next friday.

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

So I took a few issues with these new pics of the models. First of all I thought the Intrepid was a horror show, until I brought it into photoshop and dropped the exposure a tad, revealing a slew of details which thankfully are there on the model. Ben pretty much said that photo was overexposed so hopefully thats gonna turn out OK.

Then the Negh'Var - whats with that gold piping all around the wings, neck and head? I've never seen that before on any negh'var version, and scouring the web doesn't bring any results back for that either. The only thing I can assume is that its there on the CG model used in "Endgame", but then the article makes special mention of it being based on the version seen in "Way of the Warrior", so I don't have a clue what that's all about. I don't dislike it, I just wanna know where that detail is coming from.

Finally - the Enterprise-C. Upon seeing it I got a gut feeling that its not right, and looking at model references and screencaps, it isn't. Looking at the studio model, you can see its missing the aqua blue colouring on the secondary hull panels, the pennants on the secondary hull, a "step down" ring around the deflector dish and the dish itself being considerably smaller than the one in the pic. Considering this model doesn't come out until mid-May, I hope this is just a prototype version that isn't finished, but then when they show these pics they're usually close to final. So I don't know if they're gonna "fix" these issues or not.

Those three aside though, the rest I'm absolutely thrilled with. Especially that Centaur. And that Pasteur is stunning, especially in person. I saw that, the Bioship, Raptor and Enterprise-B at DSTL3.

20. FrankT

FrankT Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I have a subscription to that magazine - I just don't have the space in my room to put them on display... :(