"Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

This ended up being JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time which was pretty enjoyable, actually. More kid-focused.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Yeah those two episodes were part of the first half of season 1. They likely won't be shown on tv

Also J.B. Blanc just tweeted this on January the 28th:

NO new episodes of Beware the Batman are scheduled for February:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...es-on-cartoon-network-february-2014-schedule/

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If they're still recording episode audio on January 2014, given the huge production lag on animated series.... doesn't that mean there's a whole second season still out there?!

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So has the whole first season come to DVD?
    All I see on Amazon is S1pt1.
    I'll wait for a whole first season set.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The DVD is 13 episodes. Only 11 episodes have aired, so you're getting 2 episodes never before seen.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You'll be waiting a very long time.

Hint: It's never coming out since the show is pretty much dead.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think the second half of the season probably will be released on DVD, unless the first half-season DVD set sells poorly. The thing to keep in mind is that TV shows generally don't make any profit in their original broadcast run. It used to be that the profit came in later syndication; these days it comes from DVD sales and streaming. So the sales of the first DVD set are a more important factor in whether the second set gets released than whether it gets broadcast on Cartoon Network.

After all, CN didn't pull the show because its ratings were bad; they pulled it because they have an insanely narrow definition of what kind of show they want to have on the air and what audience they want to attract. They've killed popular shows before because they didn't target the very specific audience they and their advertisers are focused on -- for instance, killing shows that were popular with female viewers because they want to cater exclusively to boys. They've probably abandoned BTB because it appeals to an older demographic than they want. But that doesn't mean it won't sell well on DVD, because nobody's preventing those older fans from buying the DVDs.

Of course, that doesn't mean there will ever be a full-season set. It may not do well enough to warrant that. But I think there will be a release of the remainder of the season in some form, since after all they spent a lot of money making the episodes and they wouldn't want to let it go to waste.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? A Batman show that didn't find an audience and got bad enough ratings to be cancelled at one season? The end is nigh.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I've recently watched the first three episodes. While I liked the first two, and most of the third, I really hated their version of Anarchy. Where there should have been a teen genius with philosophical ideas, there was a stupid TDK-Joker knock-off.

11. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

12. Samurai8472

Sounds like they're going to wrap up season 1.

The episodes will probably be released on dvd and advertised as "never before seen!"

:rolleyes:

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought the DVD and was impressed. I really liked the show. It's second to Batman the Animated Series IMO. And the focus on mostly unknown villains is cool, but I can see how that might hurt the show's popularity.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No, I think Mr. Light has a point. The show began production in 2012 for a July 2013 debut. Voice recording is done very early in the process, so the recording for season 1 was probably done well before the season premiered. So any voice recording done in January '14 would either be some very late redubbing on first-season episodes or recording for a second season.

As I've pointed out before, many of B:TAS's villains were unknown to the TV audience at the time -- Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Ra's al Ghul, Rupert Thorne, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, Tony Zucco, Professor Milo, Count Vertigo, Maxie Zeus, and the Terrible Trio all made their screen debuts there. Not to mention villains original to the show, like Harley, Red Claw, HARDAC, Baby Doll, Lock-Up, etc.

15. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 1 had an order for 26 episodes, which was broken into two lots of 13 episodes. They're finishing up recording and production on episodes 14-26. They should be released in some form, even if they don't air, as Season 1 Part 2.

16. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just watched the two unaired episodes and I agree. Attraction wasn't that great (sorry, Len Wein) but Fall was one of the best BtB episodes yet. From the larger scope and setting to the fight scenes, the series is developing nicely. The Alfred/Bruce moments were some of the best I've seen -- including televised or in print -- and this version of Alfred gave them a unique twist on the traditional by his very nature.

My one complaint: a cliff-hanger? With this show's sketchy broadcast scheduling, this story won't be resolved until Netflix agrees to air the "lost episodes" approximately a year from now, if we're lucky.

17. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

GL:TAS was supposed to be on netflix quite some time ago so I wouldn't even count on that.

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

About the scope, yeah, there was actually a few cars on the road in Gotham! ;)

Well, they were probably hoping for a longer run when they originally made that cliffhanger. I wish we could have gotten a conclusion too though.

19. Samurai8472

We all know that must have nearly bankrupted DC animation department

;)

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral