Eureka - "I Do Over" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Aug 19, 2008.

?

How do you rate this episode?

1. Excellent

40.4%
  2. Very Good

42.3%
  3. Good

7.7%
  4. Mediocre

7.7%
  5. Terrible

1.9%
  1. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

True. but the shameless self-promotion of Skiffy is kinda fun...BSG a few weeks ago and tonight Doctor Who. "I love that show!":rommie:

2. Nedersong

Nedersong Captain

Actually I just realised something else about this episode that gives it more points...

No reset button. People actually died Usully it's a reset button.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Well, I hope Stark comes back soon, because the back and forth competitive banter between him and Carter is a big part of the show's charm.

Though I guess they kind of painted themselves into a corner with Stark and Allison getting back together if they wanted to develop the relationship between Carter and Allison again eventually.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Another very good episode... Nice to see Fargo step up, and Stark say "I knew I had it in you." Showing there is something there under his annoyance.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what this degree product placement is? I guess I just don't know what Degree is, so I haven't spotted it.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

It's body deodorant. In this case, it's the stuff Jack picks up from his shelf every morning.

6. Bob The Skutter

Guess that explains it. Since I've never heard of the brand it may as well have been generic for all I knew.

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I guess you don't get the "Made in Eureka!" Degree commercials in the UK.

8. Bob The Skutter

As far as I know Degree isn't sold here. Although I do seem to remember Made in Eureka spots on Sci-Fi channel, unless they were on the DVDs?

9. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

Me too!

They can leave him as the Degree guy. That'll make me happy because I usually switch channels during the commercials.

10. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I suppose they could of had that 2-3 second close up of Carter grabbing the Degree every single time the day restarted instead of just the first few times. ;)

11. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Hey, if the income from the product placement helps keep the show on the air, I can live with it.

The show just won't be the same without the lovely lascivious Ed Quinn. But yeah, I do agree I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again, just when it'll screw with Allison and Carter the most.

Second time in a week one of my favorite shows has essentially put a character on ice for only they know how long. *grumble* But it was done well. Boy, was it done well.

12. Worf412

Worf412 Angry Pirate Rear Admiral

It really was, wasn't it?

I was watching the last scene going "And now there's a flash of light and he steps out... Ok, maybe he'll walk in the door explaining how he got sent back to that morning... Um, he comes in the tent and chides Carter for scaring his bride? Did they really just do that? Holy crap, they did!"

13. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

What was the other one?

14. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Atlantis

15. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a 'Tholian Web' on us, and have Stark pop up every now and then, most likely to Allison. With her being the only one to see him, no one will believe her. Except Carter, who's been there more times than I can count.

16. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Its the North American sister brand to Sure and Rexona.

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

As soon as I figured out it was a time-loop episode, I assumed that they'd kill any number of characters in one loop or another. Looks like I was wrong.

Of course, I also assumed that Jack would take advantage of one loop to raise objections as to why these two should not be wed. :devil:

I thought it was amusing that they were able to reuse the same shot for multiple product placements.

18. IDIC

IDIC Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was pretty funny. Even though I knew he was going to say it each time, it was just the way he said it that made me laugh at each it time. "Oh my god, I love that show."

19. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMG! Must say, never saw that coming!

I'll miss Stark, but I've a feeling we'll see him around and I think he thinks so as well. It was pretty clear after re-watching the episode that Nathan knew he was going to buy it.

Sharr

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I thought this was one of the better episodes of Eureka---one of the best in quite awhile.

At first, I thought, "Oh no. A bad remake of Groundhog Day." But it actually had consequences and the ending was really very sad, even though I knew someone was destined to die.

I give it a "very good."