Clearing Up the Timelines

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Squiggy, May 16, 2009.

1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I notice they don't have "Star Trek Online released" anywhere on there. This is because it's NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN EVER.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

This is amusing.

These images were hotlinked, and the second was oversize. Not amusing.

Please refer to TrekBBS image-posting guidelines, and hotlink no more.

3. BorgPhil

BorgPhil Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really am baffled that so many people have had a hard time with this alternate reality concept. hopefully the STO graphic will clear it up once and for all.

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I thought Squiggy's simplified version of the chart presented it quite nicely, even elegantly:

I suspect that the people who are having the most trouble with it grasp the notion of parallel timelines well enough, but are holding tenaciously to a premise which holds that parallel timelines don't belong in Trek, numerous examples of evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

5. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

SAME. DIFF.

6. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Oh, I dunno about that. I know a guy working on it, and all appearances suggest they are chugging along quite steadily. Now, is it going to be feature rich, bug free and chock full o' content on release? I make no promises there.

I do like that the way they acknowledge the destruction of Romulus though. Seems to provide a convincing reason for the collapse of the Khitomer Accords.

7. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

I don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I just saw that DS9 episode "Visionary" and I think there are at least five new timelines from that episode, including a person changing timelines.

In fact, I thought this episode worked rather well within the "Parallels"/Orci/Kurtzman model.