Resistance is Futile: The T.H.U.G. Collective is TRIP-tastic!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, May 17, 2011.

1. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

That is a terrific picture! :bolian:

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see why Ariana posted this picture of Connor it looks very artistic almost like painting with the light in the sky and the sea looks in that the play ing of shadow and light photo.:luvlove::adore:

3. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is Connor appearing at Comic con because he is involved in a current movie/TV show?

4. Reanok

I think he was appearing because he starred in StarTrek Enterprise. unfortunately i haven't heard any news about Connor's appearence at Comic con this week. Last year he did a Q&a about starring in Enterpise and Stargate he signed autographs. I keep checking Startrek.com for news updates but sorry to say nothing has been mentioned yet.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

What an awesome picture! :bolian::bolian:

6. Reanok

Connor tv news according to imdb Scifi channel will be having a Season 1 marathon July 27 also on July 28 mynet work tv will be showing Without a trace Just fade away where Connor played the basketball coach. also on Sumday July 31 at 2:00 a.m. Cw will be showing Stargate Atlantis Search and Rescue and on AETV Criminal minds Minimal loss at 7:00p.m. eastern time.:techman::cool:

7. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Thank you for the alert!! :)

8. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

it reminds me of how the companion looked at cochrane in tos. so who else will be in nashville this friday to see connor. i will be there friday and sunday for shatner.

9. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

^^ Hey there, pookha! When I saw there was a con in Nashville, I was hoping you'd be able to go. Shatner and Connor, a great pair to see! Too far away for me, but I hope you have a wonderful time! We expect stories when you get back :)

10. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

hey there hr :) yeah i had computer problems for awhile. and then i bought out a significant portion of the borders near me so been doing lot of reading. though gradually will in here more often. looking forward to seeing connor and the shat,

11. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I wish I could be there. I'd love to meet up with you!

12. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I'm in a great spot for pictures. Will post some tonight.

13. SFRabid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uggg. Black felt background, white skin and poor lighting make for horrible pictures. But, it's Connor. May get something better tonight at the Meet and Greet.

14. SFRabid

The Duras sisters opened the show and were pretty good once they stopped singing. They did not get many questions so they each went out into the audience to accost someone. Being a bald man in the front row I was Gwynyth Walsh's target and she bit me on the ear while rubbing my head.

Almost 4 hours later Connor hit the stage as the second and last actor of the day. (Slow night) He was very personable and went over very well. He is not job hunting while recovering from knee surgery and the blood clot. He walks slow and can not run. He mentioned being the voice of NIKE and hinted that anything with Nike pays very well. Good to know he is financially secure while hunting for work. He talked about the Club Med commercial and how strange it was that he never spoke a word in the commercial but agents liked it so much that it was a big selling point on his resume. When asked about his advice to young actors his answer was "Get a degree in something else that you really like to do and be prepared to do it." He said his degree in Fine Arts and Acting was basically worthless except for teaching.

He was very nice during the photo-op and autograph session. I was forth in line for the autograph and got to talk to him for a moment while her personalized my autograph. He enjoys his little Martin travel guitar but when I asked if we would ever hear him play his answer was "Nooooooo. You don't want to hear me play." His eyes lit up both time I mentioned his guitar and I could tell he really enjoys it.

15. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you so much for the recap, SFRabid!

16. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

me too. :) one thing i dont like they dont have name tags.
    so didnt know rabid was there . (good photos) to add
    he said when they were filming the scene after he and tpol had lost the baby and he goes to see her it was right after when he learned his wife was pregant.and when he was talking about medicine might make it possible for a human and a vulcan to have a child he became overwhelmed. and he couldnt stop for a long while.

he talked about how he switched to acting because he saw he wasnt good enough to become a pro football player. a girl told him about a play and so that is how it started. he said that his coaches and some of the players came to his plays and where very supportive. he said he wanted to transfer to a school in ct just to see how good he was. and he was the only person in the program on student aid.

he talked some about his reaction to being an action figure.. more on that tomorrow. his son still dosnt understand how he is a chirstmas ornament,,:lol:

he is trying to decide which episodes of enterprise to show his son and it will be a long while before he sees him as michael on atlantis.he talked a lot about playing michael and how the make up and costume helped to enable him to become this wholly diffferent person.

he feels like he has become a red shirt since in some many of things he has done since enterprise he winds up dying.
    he did say right after he left he was going back to start trying out for more work though he is telling them as sfrabid noted he cant run.. perhaps maybe sit behind a desk.

i had to leave right after the talk so i didnt get to see him walking around much but he seemed to be walking well which was good to see.
    there is so much more .. for instance he hates the mirror episodes. and when the director he was talking to him on how to play it the director kept on saying more gruff ect and connor said like a pirate and the director said yeah..\so connor did scene like arghargh argh and they kept it and connor was saying no no but the director loved it. snicker.
    of course this is when they heard of the cancelation even though they had been expecting it. he said it was a wonder they made it through the remaing episodes.

similitude and shuttle pod one are among his favs.
    he felt 9/11 which affected them through part of season one really overshadowed season three.

there is so much more and will try to add more tomorrow.
    oh he said even though he watched tos his brother is the real sf/ star trek geek of the family. while he connor was off playing sports his brother was walking along the fence line quietly discussing with friends the trek episode they had seen.

oh one of my friends was the person who asked why did connor become an actor and connor complimented him on his voice.

this thing is at the opryland hotel and connor commented on just how big it was and that it had these jungles and streams inside of it. that it reminded him of silent running (a reaction other sf fans have had) and he expected to see huwey dewey and louie robots out tending to the plants.

i am really fond of this hotel. it was our biggest landmark hit by the flood and when it reopened was a big dance for joy heck with you flood you didnt win moment for the city. will post more tomorrow and will post stuff about coombs in another thread here also.

wish more of you could make it.

17. SFRabid

A few photos from the Gold Party which was really a "Meet and Greet".

[​IMG]
    Lady Assistant: "OMG."
    Connor: "It looks like a dangerous crowd."
    Jeffrey: "Send Max in first."

[​IMG]
    Connor: "Please don't make me go in there. You saw what they did to Max!"

[​IMG]
    Connor thinking to himself: "He tells me the same story at every convention."

[​IMG]
    "I'm tired but I still look cool."

[​IMG]
    Dopey, Happy and Doc making fun of the other dwarves.

18. SFRabid

Trying to think what was covered at the Meet and Greet. Pookha did a much better job than me recapping Connor’s stage time.

Connor: He was the first to visit our table but they seemed to rush him away pretty quick. He mentioned that his knee problem really got worse when he started jumping rope on concrete in his garage. He did not know you are not supposed to jump rope on concrete. Neither did I. He went on to describe what that does to the knee and the ligaments. I had just started jumping top in my garage. Guess I will get a good mat. Jasper is 5 and 1/2 now and does not understand why they cannot go running like they used to. The Twitter accounts here came in handy as I was able to mention things like green jello and he seemed happy to talk about something other than the standard questions. I may think of more tomorrow but right now it is WAAYYYY past my bedtime and I’m a little foggy.

Vaughn Armstrong was next and we mostly talked about travel. Barbara March came by and talked about her family, how her husband gets a lot more work than she does, and two projects she is writing. Ethan Phillips was great. He shook everyone’s hand, which no one else did, and was the best of the night. Max Grodenchik set the timer on his phone and laid it on the table. At first I thought he was making sure he did not stay too long but he was actually comparing his time to the CreationEnt police to make sure they were not moving him before time was up. He said he only likes small parts because he gets very nervous with larger parts. He did come across very shy. Jeffrey Combs was last and immediately told us he was tired and his voice was starting to bother him. There were 12 tables in the room and we were the 12th table he visited. I mentioned Max timing his stay and that got him started. “That’s Max being Max.” he said, then told stories about Max on the set and signing at conventions. His polite way of describing Max was “meticulous”.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  19. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you both! I love the recaps and photos!

(Dear Lord, I didn't think it was possible for Connor to get any hotter, but there it is--captured in pictorial evidence! :drool:)

20. Reanok

:techman::cool:Sf rabid thanks for the Connor pictures.and Pookha thanks you for the convention reports I'm glad that Connor is financially secure while he's recovering from his Knee surgery. Thanks for sharing youer Connor stories with us.