Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Why? As far as novels go, CBS owns it all. Fan ships might be murkier legally.

2. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

By the time we get the NX-Refit and any possible Titan's/Enterprise-Fs (which ARE officially sanctioned soft canon) We will be in the plus 95's/100's. To put that into perspective, these are at LEAST 3 years off.

Too add to that discussion, I consider myself a buff on Trek ships and the like. I could name 99% of ships if you showed me a picture but I'd be hard pressed to put out 100 good ships that I feel all have more merit than the Titan (mentioned on screen, depicted in multiple soft canon entries) at least.

For example - take the Phase II concept model. It WAS used in the Qualor II depot scene, and the BOBW debris shot. But...its intended use was as a foamcore mockup. It has very little in common with the design language of all other Trek ships. But it WAS seen on screen. Personally, I'd love a model of this design - its a path not taken thats a big part of Trek history, but does it have more merit than the Titan? I'm not sure. And by the time we hit the issues in the 80's and 90's I think we're going to see a whole load of ships that fit this criteria.

3. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a subscriber and just buy random ones I like from either shops or online on Eaglemoss's website.
    Of the 32 released so far (up to the Runabout) I own 20, plus the DS9 special. (It would be 21 if I can ever get my hands on a Defiant)

I started out at just a couple I liked, then it was all the Starfleet ships, and now I've extended to whichever ones I simply like the look of and want a model of.

Looking at the list of the next 23 confirmed issues (up to #55,) I aim to get around 13 of them

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

There's also the "soft canon" inclusion of Franz Joseph designs in TMP, where names and registries of scouts, destroyers and dreadnaughts were being called out at Epsilon IX station, and I think briefly seen when V'Ger was paging through the Enterprise's computer analyzing "Starfleet strength" (there may have even been a BSG Viper in there too - can't remember clearly). I suppose they could theoretically be fair game as well if they're really looking for ideas toward the end.

Personally, I do hope we get the Titan. Always liked that design, and the NX-refit is growing on me. Enterprise F, though? I dunno. I think that's pushing it at this point.

5. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

If the Titan was never seen on screen how do we know what it looks like?

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The Star Trek: Titan books published by Pocket.

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

^As well as being depicted in Star Trek Online along with the Vesta Class Aventine (also from the books).

CBS considers all of Star Trek Online soft canon, which for the time being IS the canon beyond Voyager and Nemesis until such a time where it is contradicted by a show or movie. Because of that classification, anything from STO is fair game if we start down that rabbit hole (which as I said, is at least 3 years away).

8. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Issues 29/30 are on their way to me. No sign of AGTED. Sent message and I will up date on what I find out.

9. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I also got 29/30, and no AGT Future-D. I wonder how they decide who gets what when things get all shortage crazy and now people are on different schedules.

10. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

I wonder if they will ever do the Doomsday Machine?

11. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

These guys seem to have become extrodinarily efficient. I get the email saving my order has shipped and sometome even receive the order at my home before I'm billed.

12. 137th Gebirg

I would amend that to say they are selectively efficient. Yes, I have found their customer service to be exceptional, but when it comes to things like the AGT three-engine E-D they all of a sudden become conspicuously silent, despite the fact that there are some who have claimed to have gotten it already, something which appears to be quite inconsistent.

13. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Update

So pretty much no help to anyone but me.

14. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I think on some ships their production just isn't keeping up.

I called about a broken DS9 I received, they said they'd send another.

That took about 3 months.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  15. 137th Gebirg

Ugh...Alright. Guess I'll need to send another email. Thanks to all for the info - much appreciated.

16. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I was thinking about the production runs earlier - with the series coming out in yet more countries early next year, they HAVE to be re-running the early issues right now. With the UK version hitting the 30s now, and the US not far behind, theres got to be a gap of issues in the teens now because I just can't see a production run of every model still going on concurrently. That would be nearly 40 die cast ships in production at the same time, which seems extremely unlikely. That would explain why stuff like DS9 isn't showing up (or the AGT D).

17. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

My guess is they just received the US stock of AGT Ent around the first of Nov, and if qualified, the next shipment should have them. I got 29/30 last week, but it was shipped at the end of Oct, those that have AGT listed seem to have shipping dates in early Nov.

18. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

Got the email that they've shipped the AGT Enterprise. Its coming alone, unlike the other specials which came with two subscription ships.

19. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They took the money for the December ships out of my Paypal. Looks like we're getting new binders too. Still no shipping email on the AGT E-D though.

20. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

I was told by Eaglemoss that I can't get automated shipping of new binders because I subscribed using PayPal. You were able to get that setup? I have to call them each time I want to get a new binder.