PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I just noticed this about a week ago and I finally had a chance today to stop and get a picture. Some enterprising young people removed the M from Smith Street to make it Sith Street. This is a road right next to LaMoyne College, so it has to be some collegian hijinks, right?
    [​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I I get the feeling that if it were a college prank they'd substitute the H for the missing M.

But who knows.... colleges have their share of prankster nerds.

:)

3. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been about a week or so since the last time I had time to read any threads, so forgive me for backtracking a bit...

Go to New Orleans. I had gator sausage there about 15 years ago, and it was delicious.

I've also had emu (there are emu farms in southwestern Ontario, around Windsor) and bison. I wouldn't mind trying kangaroo, but I'd have to make a special trip to find any. (Apparently there's a place downtown that carries kangaroo, camel and ostrich meat. I might be able to get down there next weekend... hmmmm.)

4. cooleddie74

Never tried any emu meat. Is it anything like ostrich meat? I'm guessing a big ”Yes” for some obvious reasons. I'd like to taste some.

5. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't recall ever having had ostrich, so I can't compare from personal experience, but I've heard that they're very similar.

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

My friend and I went to Denver for a football game once, and there is a restaurant there called The Buckhorn Exchange. They have all kinds of game.

We had alligator strips, rattlesnake dip, Rocky Mountain Oysters, and buffalo prime rib.

We had to roll out of there...

:lol:

:techman:

I thought the alligator was too chewy. JMHO

7. cooleddie74

In this area and corner of the country if you say you haven't tasted squirrel or rabbit meat at least once you get some odd looks. And, of course, there are the millions of jokes about possum meat and roadkill but I've never once had any possum meat unless it was on a table or in a dish and I wasn't aware that it was possum at the time.

I did learn from a Columbo episode a long time ago that squirrel meat can make some very delicious chili.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know why they'd tell jokes about meat like that. I mean, it's already "fresh off the grill", isn't it? ;) And you're being healthy: eating free range, organically raised, automotively processed food products. :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SDc8aKCUY[/yt]

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

If you're ever in Chico you can hit up a place called The Tackle Box that does up some pretty decent grilled and fried gator. They have all sorts of game too, and hot bartenders dancing on the bar, and a gun store connected to the place. It is basically a redneck honkeytonk nirvana.

10. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did my nails tonight. Still need to clean up a little, but I love the color.

[​IMG]

This is what I wore earlier this week.

[​IMG]

11. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

We met some friends tonight at Sandra Dee's, a BBQ/southern restaurant in downtown Sacramento. We had alligator strips, and they were quite good! And spicy, like the gumbo.

:techman:

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^This is nice! Very elegant.

13. Tom Hendricks

Finally had my son Ian's birthday party. He wanted an Avengers themed costume birthday party. So everyone showed up in Super Hero costumes, it was a lot of fun. We had his party at the YMCA, it was great. They had Super Hero related activities and art projects, they made their own Super Hero masks.

Here is his cake, Captain America's Shield
    [​IMG]

Ian as Iron Man Patriot with his cake
    [​IMG]

14. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lake Garda a town called Limone.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Couldn't sleep, and I had half a growler of flat beer leftover from the other night...so I made beer bread!

[​IMG]

16. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since I posted this picture on imgur and on Facebook, it seems to have gone somewhat viral, popping up all over the place! While I was looking for some of the places it went, I found that the homeowner happened to see it on reddit! So of course I had to go over and introduce myself. Turns out that he's a design engineer like myself, and not only does he work for the same company, but he's also in the same building! Very odd way of meeting a coworker.

17. cooleddie74

I've seen that everywhere on Facebook this past week, and that's only a slight exaggeration! This makes two TBBS posters who've had photos go viral in recent weeks (OdoWan Kenobi took a picture of Avengers figures in Star Wars costumes and it also spread all over the social media sites and got thousands of comments and shares).

Congrats! I had no idea a fellow poster here was the origin of that photo I've been seeing half my Facebook friends sharing. :)

18. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Hee, I'd posted that pic on my Facebook feed a few days ago. :)

19. Tom Hendricks

[​IMG]

Saw this really adorable picture on my aunt who lives in the hills of Virginia's Facebook page and thought I would share. This is Raven, he was a rescue dog my aunt saved.

20. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

That's one purdy pooch. :adore: