ROBIN HOOD trailer now online

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Dec 15, 2009.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Robin Hood fantasy? This trailer certainly seems to support that theory.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61633

Something about the trailer seems off in my opinion. I don't know what it is. It just doesn't seem like a trailer for a movie about Robin Hood, but more along the lines of Kingdom of Heaven, which makes sense since Ridley Scott directed that, too. Opinions?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

1) There didn't seem to be anything overly "fantastic" in the trailer.

2) Ugh, Russell Crowe? I mean, I'm fine with him as an actor, but when I think of Robin Hood, I picture a much younger person.

3) I didn't realize Robin Hood had an army. Merry Men? Yes. Army? Not so much.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I didn't really get a "fantasy" vibe from that, either. And if Robin Hood is even half as good as Kingdom of Heaven was, this will be excellent. :techman:

Though I still liked the idea of this film better back when the rumors were that the movie would star Crowe as the Sheriff of Nottingham, who would be the film's protagonist, with Robin Hood as the secondary character and be more of a villain type than we're used to him being. I think one rumor was that Christian Bale was going to play Robin Hood back when that possible angle was being floated around, but for all I know that was just a bunch of misinformation.

4. Prologic9

Prologic9 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^^It's a scene from the crusades.

I thought that was a pretty worthless trailer, and I don't like Crowe as RH.

I agree that this was infinitely more interesting when it was called "Nottingham" and Crowe was going to be the sheriff with Robin Hood the bad guy.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If you say so.

My knowledge of Robin Hood is this:

He robs from the rich and gives to the poor.

He is good at shooting arrows.

He rescued Vash from Q. :p

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:I believe that is a big part of this movie ;) :guffaw:

7. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I just uncovered a page from the original Nothingham script. It reads:

INT. ROBIN HOOD'S LAIR - DAY
    Nottingham is tied, hanging. Robin Hood walks up to him. He scowls like a motherfucker, and speaks in the deepest voice thought imaginable. Like, this voice is unnaturally deep. It must surely hurt Robin Hood to speak like this, but he speaks like this anyway. Why? Because he's fucking Robin Hood.

ROBIN HOOD
    You and me. We've been at war. Since before either of us even existed. You tried killing my wife, Maid Marian. You killed my best friend, Will Scarlet. You will not kill me.

Sounds pretty intense. I think Bale was perfect for the part.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It better be! And they should find a way to work in this line:

"I am NOT a merry man!"

9. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

My reaction is summed up by the word 'meh'... Nothing special about this so far.

The *only* thing that makes me interested in it is that Ridley Scott is directing.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Ridley Scott could remake Weekend at Bernie's and I'd go see it.

11. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

You mean, like "the man they call Jayne"? :D

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Robin Hood, the Hero of Canton.

13. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'd almost say that's more of a teaser. As others have said, the project was more interesting when it was about Nottingham and Hood was the baddie. But I think it might be interesting to have a serious version of the legend, last Robin Hood pic I can recall was the Costner one. And while that was entertaining it wasn't very serious.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Same here.

The trailer doesn't really do much for me but I guess it's more of a teaser than a trailer. Either way, I'm highly looking forward to this.

15. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

That...doesn't seem very Robin Hood to me.

16. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Just watched it. Couldn't care less.

Heard it all before. Seen it all before. What's the point?

I'll stick with the Mel Brooks version

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I think we got a lot more Crusade type images there vs after he's back in in the Isle doing the Robin Hood thing.
    Played like a cross between Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven but in the forest.
    Gladiator=awesome
    KoH=meh
    I'll check this out most likely but insist on seeing more and I agree this is more a teaser. Actual trailers give you dialoge and sense of plot(although one could argue we know the plot I suppose).

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The rumored concept during the early stages that Nottingham was actually Robin Hood could've been interesting.

19. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I've been pretty curious about this whole project since it was first announced, so I'm kind of taken aback at how underwhelming that trailer is.

I'm certainly not going to make any judgment calls on the movie though.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems like a generic action movie set during the 1200s. Also, I really feel that Crowe is too old to play Robin. Maybe he'll be able to pull it off, like Costner did (at least I think he did). We'll see.

I am also in agreement with others when the project was said to feature the Sheriff in a positive light and RH in a negative one, it sounded more interesting.