Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still find it amusing that Clark is wearing a Blue-Tooth. Somewhat of a genius way for him to communicate when he's...long distance, but still takes some time getting used to. This though is a Superman who doesn't work alone :) Also, I want more Tess!!! I suspect that everything with the drones and what is going on with Hank could tie in with what is happening with Lex and Tess right now. I'd love to see those scenes happen on screen.

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Yeah, I love Team Superman... uh, the Justice League. They're like the Scooby Gang but they're better organizers.

3. Admiral_Young

Unless they're the 52'Verse Justice League...and they act and function like a high school clique.

4. Admiral James Kirk

:lol: Not far from the truth considering Clark and Chloe. :lol:

5. Admiral_Young

They're much more mature compared to the 52'Verse League :)

6. Admiral James Kirk

So's the South Park kids from what I've heard. :lol:

7. Admiral_Young

Some of them act like Cartman :)

8. Admiral James Kirk

:lol:

I think that once the Cyborg becomes a full on big bad that we'll get a unified Justice League (that includes Batman) taking him on. Asides from maybe Bart the team has pretty mature heads on their shoulders.

Do you think we'll get Wonder Woman as well this season?

9. Admiral_Young

I've stated many times before in the thread that we could get Diana and maybe even Hal. We know Alan exists thanks to the Justice Society two parter. I also theorized we could even get a slow build up to a |Smallville Justice League story. See them progress from the proto-League into a full fledged League.

10. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Greetings, Admirals;

I'm still way behind you guys, both in reading the books and your comments, but had two questions I wanted to pop out while they were on my mind.

Read #8 last night, and my question involves Clark and whether the General knows his identity. When Clark asks Lois about this (over his Bluetooth) she says how could Lane know this to which Clark responds 'He said something once' and the panel depicts when Clark and the General met in Season 10. Can either of you jog my memory and tell me what Lane said or asked Clark? We haven't picked up S10 on DVD yet, so I can't just pop it into the player to find out.

My second question is more speculative, but do you think when they finally bring Bruce into the picture that Miller will have Chloe acknowledge meeting him while she was away in S10? I know she didn't mention him by name when she was telling Clark about him, but the reference to a 'billionaire with amazing toys' or something like that clearly sounded like she was talking about BW to me.

So #11 is out finally? Is this the conclusion of the Guardian storyline or does that continue into #12? And just when does Batman appear?

Keep up the good work gents, I do enjoy reading your commentary.

:bolian:

11. Admiral_Young

We don't know when Batman will appear now thanks to the DC Editorial hijinks. As for Miller having Chloe acknowledge Batman, I don't see why not. There have already been continuity links to the show this season and follow up story lines. This is one of the things I expect to see in the issue, whenever "Detective" appears.

12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

So 'Detective' is the name of the second storyline?

13. Admiral_Young

No that's the name of the issue that Bruce and Babs are appearing it. We do when it will be coming out in print, thanks to the September Solicits. It was supposed to be included with "Smallville" #5. Digitally we have no idea now. "Guardian" has I believe wrapped now.

14. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm confused then. If Guardian is pretty much wrapped up, what's next? Or that information hasn't been released yet?

:confused:

15. Admiral_Young

We'll find out that next Friday on C...errr Comixology!!! ;)

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

All together now...

"Somebody s-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-v-v-v-v-e m-e-e-e-e-e!"

:lol:

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If the series does continue, I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a Justice League story. When they announced the JL in the third Arkham game they said it was part of a new attempt to raise the public awareness of the team, and building on a already established version of the team, like the Smallville one seems like a great way to do that.

18. Admiral_Young

The Justice League game is not "a third Akrham" game. It's just a Justice League game being developed by Rocksteady, but yeah I get what you're saying. Right now the proto-League has been operating in secret and off the grid. I foresee if Miller does include the League that we'll see an evolution of it into the League we all know and love. I don't see this happening for quite some time though, and most likely not this season. It's been pretty clear so far that Miller intends on the Cyborg Superman story being the main story of the season.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess it would be the Arkham prequel then?

20. Admiral_Young