was ezri right in Tacking into the Wind - are Klingons hypocrites?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by indolover, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

^Well, on that same thought process--that Gorkon (or even Azetbur) would be the last one Worf would respect would thus prove her point nicely--especially if they were the only honorable leaders in the last few centuries.

But still, I think in the end, Ezri's point was that the Empire had abandoned, recently or not, its Founding Principles--and that any society which does that will crumble and die--and deserve to.

As Alexander Hamilton said, "A nation that prefers disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."

Or Ben Franklin, "I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other."

2. Tuvok

Tuvok Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yeah, they stated they didn't know they existed.

Still they don't seem to have a problem with benifiting from the results.

Every culture in Star Trek are flawed, in their flaws are hypocrites to a degree.

Wolf , has based his belief on Klingon culture based on his books. He has made himself the 'Perfect' Klingon by following a code that a quite a few don't follow either being too hard or no longer currently feasible.

Federation with their perfect Utopia all to ready to rub in their perfection in a passive aggressive display yet throw their ethics to the wind when needed.

Klingons while saying 'honor' a majority of them are concerned more about their image and name first.

Romulans, Vulcans, Andorians all are flawed . So a degree exists in all involved.