Terminator-218 "Today is the Day" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Grade "Today is the Day"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

16.7%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

54.8%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

23.8%
  4. "If we stay the course we are dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average)

4.8%
  5. "You are TERMINATED!" (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Entirely possible. We're supposed to learn her backstory in an upcoming episode.

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Hmmm...

Low internal body temperature... CHECK
    Dogs hate him... CHECK
    Eidetic Memory... CHECK
    High pain threshold... CHECK
    Low sleep requirements... CHECK
    Combat training... CHECK

[knocks on door] "Sarah Connor?"

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Bad-Ass Bauer. Can you imagine him confronting Cameron?

Jack: You! Drop the pidgeon! Drop it NOW!!

Cameron: There is a 51% chance that I won't kill it.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yes, but do you sound like The Arnold?

:lol:

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

No, but I look like the Owain Yeoman (Cromartie in the pilot).

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Well, if you can outplay Bobby Fischer or Boris Spasky, I'll really get worried!

:devil:

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Bobby Fischer is dead. Boris Spassky is still alive.

8. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah well, you get the idea.

:p

9. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Is it any surprise that a military mission aboard a vessel called the Jimmy Carter goes bad? (That's not a knock against the former president per se; it's just his presidency was tainted by the failed rescue mission in Iran).

10. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Good episode. There are hints that Derek might be starting to doubt Jesse ("You've thought about this a lot.") and Cam's explanation of John's loneliness was poignant.

I'm guessing the box contains either Cameron or Weaver. Terminator surprise!

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to think Cameron as well. Maybe that is where they captured Cameron for the first time. Afteral, John did request for them to bring HIM the box, so maybe he knew Cameron was inside and wanted her based on his past.

12. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or maybe it is Weaver and John Henry isn't Skynet. Or maybe it is Weaver and Future John Connor knows that his past attempts to destroy Skynet before the war (and before the creation of the Temporal Displacement Device), if successful, will create a temporal paradox that will wipe him from existence and thus realign the timeline such that Skynet wins.

13. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could weaver be a reprogrammed T1000? Sent back for an alternate mision by john conner

14. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sent to create a benevolent Skynet? One with a sense of morality that would be a partner and friend to humanity rather than an enemy? The creation of Skynet and the rise of artificial intelligence might be inevitable but if
    it could be influenced not to nuke the world...

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It'd be very hard to do. Each of the nanobots making up the mimetic polyalloy had their own processor that would have to be reprogrammed. I still think - if she wasn't sent my Skynet - she's a rogue.

16. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Derek was going of a "different" mission, so I assume that he was going back in time shortly before Jesse left on the sub. Now, we know that Derek met Cameron before traveling back in time, and that she was there for a while, so it is unlikely that Cameron is in the box. Weaver being in the box would be interesting.

I am wondering if John knows the significance of the injuries to Riley's fingers and neck, that she was in a knock-down drag-out fight before being shot. If he does, then he'd know for sure that Cameron wasn't the killer, simply because, in hand-to-hand combat, Cameron would have ripped her apart and the gun would have been superfluous. And if Cameron had planned to shoot her, Cameron would have just shot her, without giving her a chance to fight back.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  17. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

^ It would be nice if someone in TVland was that clever.

Most enjoyable. I'm thinking Captain Terminator has gone bad, thus forming Jesse's dislike of the reprogrammed Terminators - she seemed perfectly fine with them in this episode.

And it never occurred to me Weaver could be in the box. I want it to be her so much. Wouldn't be in her Weaver form presumably, but man that'd be awesome.

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Tony Soprano came in.

19. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Good points on Cameron not being on the box - I also suspect it's Weaver in "Pandora's box". "Hell came out of it" would be an apt description, and I can so see her having a message for John Connor.

On the second paragraph, I suspect that the whole point of that scene (aren't those morgues secured better than this anyway!?) is to show John looking at Riley's wounds. I think there is very little doubt he will realise she fought a human, before she got shot, and he will believe Cameron even if he doesn't trust her anymore for different reasons.

It was an excellent episode. I liked it that they even connected to what happened in "Self made man", as Sarah clearly noticed Cameron is sneaking out at night (the cuts and bruises she mentioned likely were from her fight with Stark). I was surprised that Sarah had such a frank talk with Cameron; it's been a while since they really talked to one another.

I also liked it that John kept defending Cameron, even as he was clearly moved by Riley's dead. It's a big contrast to the more extreme Jameron shippers on the FOX board (who wanted nothing better than for Cameron to kill Riley, followed by John going at it with Cameron), and also to the generally unsympathetic, mean, hypocrite and cruel characters that now populate BSG.

Cameron was super creepy in her conversation with John, while posing as Riley. I wonder the same thing as John: what the hell was she trying to accomplish there? Surely she didn't think John would like her imitating Riley's voice to himself?

The "Jimmy Carter" wasn't chosen at random as the sub; it has special equipment to be able to unload special forces, so it could do more or less clandestine operations in the same vein as what happened in the episode. The rubber-skin Terminator was creepy, and apparently even non-skinned Terminators have been captured by the resistance (if they, indeed, do work for the resistance, which remains to be seen).

Derek seemed to immediately suspect Jesse. I wonder if he still does suspect her, in spite of what he said "the cyborg killed an innocent girl in cold blood".

20. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I thought it was a good episode today. didnt realise it was a two parter until the end though.

One thing that made me wonder, when Sarah was burning the endo-skeletons and telling Cameron how she had contemplated waiting with Derek's sniper rifle to shoot her. She cant really believe one bullet from such a weapon would do anything to a Terminator can she?