Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Gus' laundry (or at the least the superlab beneath it) burned to the ground in the season 4 finale. Additionally it's well known to the cops after these events so there is nothing to do there.

School.. he's been fired (or suspended) from it after he made a pass at the principal which could have been constructed as sexual harrassment.

Car Wash.. well, it's a money laundry front and that could hurt Walt in the short run but they could always find another way to build up a front if everything blows over and they win.

Another possibility to get Walt good is to take Saul out of the equation. Saul has tons of contacts in the shady, criminal underworld and has bailed out Walt many times out of tough situations.
    However Saul is cunning and probably has covered all his tracks and knows the system inside out. Getting him would be very difficult.

So i stand by my statement.. Walt's family is his real weak spot. Skylar not so much (maybe Jesse knows she's complicit or he at least suspects it) but Jr. only knows the official version as much as he dislikes it.

We'll see soon enough.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I agree, I think it's going to have something to do with Walt's family--and not Hank, since Jesse's already figuratively in bed with him. He knows that Skyler knows about the business, so that leaves Walt Jr. What I don't know is if Jesse knows enough about Walt's family to realize just how much it would devastate Flynn to know his father is a criminal mastermind, drug dealer, and murderer.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really? I think he put too much effort. A huge complicated story?

A real man (who was innocent and did have an alibi) would have shrugged his shoulders, grunted and went back to watching sports.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I want to think Walt Jr gets involved somehow. His line in this past episode "Why can't you tell the truth?" was telling enough, but then he has the scene with Walt by the pool, and I dunno. It just seems like Jesse could go after Walt Jr, but who knows.

5. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I regretfully missed the past 2 episodes. Plan on watching them this weekend on demand. I can't help but read spoilers anyway. :D

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That comment about 'Walt's other home'. He's not talking about the laundry. Jesse knows Walt's other criminal associates. Todd, Lydia. Todd'd be a rock in an interrogation, but Lydia? Jesse knows she's a coward and knows how she ships the meth to the Czech Republic.

And Hank? He's sharp enough to figure out the 'Talk or we'll put you in holding and make it look like you talked' play.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's the problem. I don't think Jesse really knows enough (or has even been made aware) about what Junior knows or doesn't know about the situation. And since he truly IS an innocent in all this, I'm not sure Jesse could really bring himself to hurt him like that anyway.

My guess is Jesse's plan has more to do with Skyler, and with letting her in on the true scope of Walt's activities the last year and a half. The more Skyler learns, and the more pressure that's put on her, the more she might finally break and turn on Walt.

Or maybe Jesse will give Walt some kind of ultimatum-- either turn himself in, or he'll turn Lydia and her hit men against his family.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Thought it was a bit convenient for that suspicious dad character to derail the wire, but am intrigued to see what's gonna happen. Plus it was plausible since they had Walt secretively on the phone before that. 4 more to go...

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Somehow, I get the impression Jesse's plan is more ingenious than we give him credit for. I don't think any of us know what's coming. He certainly had a look on his face like he out thought Heisenberg, & if anyone can do that, I'm betting it's him, this one final time

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesse does not have the influence or probably the money anymore to turn Lydia and her men against Walter. Also Jesse probably does not know about the Czech republic thing since he was out of the business well before that happened and there was no reason for Walter to tell him.

11. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ that

remember it was Jessie who came up with the plan to rob the train without anyone knowing and erasing the hard drive on Gus's computer with a magnet.

12. Robert Maxwell

That's true. Jesse is smarter than Walt gives him credit for. Walt always wants to come up with really complicated solutions to problems, whereas Jesse figures out the simple but perfect ones.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think Jesse's threat is an empty one. He knows that Walt does not tolerate direct threats. He said so himself to Hank. This is an attempt on Jesse's behalf to force Walt into action. He's trying to smoke Heisenberg out.

14. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ That sounds very plausible. Walt did seem to be pretty shaken over what Jesse might do in the last episode. Either way, this episode was pivotal for Jesse. One, he snapped out of his funk and went into active mode, and two, seemed to get over his hatred for Hank. Both pretty bad developments for Walt. It was good to see Gomie brought in on things, but I still worry Hank's investigation is a little to extra-legal for its own good.

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Reading spoilers about Breaking Bad ahead of time is ruining the best viewing experience ever. The show is such genius. The unfolding story is riveting. Why spoil it? I had to work the past 2 nights and just watched the episode now. I stayed away from spoilers.

Walt's incredible luck has just run out.

16. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

This 'other home' business could refer to his home life. As long as Jesse has worked with Walt, the drug making has become their true home, where they both excel at what they do. Perhaps Jesse will be off to tell Junior a few home truths?

I could be a million miles away but either way I'd love to see Junior's reaction to the real truth. He'd be so pissed.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think Jesse we used to know is gone. He thought Walt was going to kill him and got sick of his lies. The episode seems to deal with Walt's lies no longer working for anyone.

Jesse still hates Hank, but his hatred for Walt is so high after realizing he poisoned the kid that it's more "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

18. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did anyone find it odd the way the scene played out with Jesse having to go to the bathroom during the video confession and then Hank asking for another sim card?
    I'll bet Jesse lifted the recording during the time Hank was outside with Gomez and flushed it when he said he had to use the bathroom.

19. TheMurph

TheMurph Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I first saw it I thought he was going to bolt, but that theory makes a lot of sense. I thought there was something off about it.

20. Robert Maxwell

I find it odd that Jesse spilled his guts to Hank and Gomez without an immunity deal in writing. Even if they don't get Walt, Hank's got enough to Jesse to put a needle in his arm now.