Seth Rogen taking over Late Night after Fallon leaves?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by gblews, May 13, 2013.

1. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Rogen just tweeted that he is taking over Late Night after Jimmy Fallon leaves for the Tonight Show. Wonder what happened to the other Seth...Myers. On the surface, still appears Myers would make a better host, but who knows?

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am guessing this is a joke on Rogans part

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Eh, definitely not a Seth Meyers fan. I'm not sure how well this will work out. I'll give him a chance, but he's going to need to step up. I'd rather watch Craig Ferguson.

5. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rogen? I appreciate him in whatever role he does, but he's nowhere near the wit of someone who should take that spot. Seth Myers is well deserved. He's currently (IMHO) the only consistent high point of SNL, Weekend Update. Who will take that spot? Hader maybe but then who will do every. single. game. show. host?
    SNL has been rough this season. Sadly, the only one that really worked for me this year was the holiday PaulMcCartney/Martin Short SNL. So incredible. Otherwise it has been unusually meh.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently it was. Seth Myers was definitely my first choice for that spot. He just might end up being better than Fallon.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'd much prefer Seth Meyers over Jimmy Fallon!

8. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS would do well to move Craig Ferguson to the 11:30 time-slot first chance they get.

I'm a long-time Letterman fan, but I think he needs to go have himself a long rest now, and let someone else have at it.

Seth Meyers is funny doing Weekend Update, but I'm not sure I'd want to see him for a whole hour every night.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rogen is quick on his feet and can ad lib which is not something I'm so sure about Seth Meyers. I'm also not sure he is as personable as the role needs. We'll see of course but I think the jury is out on that one.

10. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seth Green should be host. He could play with action figures for 30 min every night; it would be awesome.

11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Where have you been?

12. bigdaddy

Their late night shows are still number 1, as is their special coverage news. Their primetime and 12 hour long Today Show are dead.

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They should poke fun at people confusing all the Seth's in Hollywood

Rogen- Going to the Late Show! I hope Family guy won't miss me!

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Anyone catch Seth Meyers' first show last night? I laughed at a few of his monologue jokes and was surprised that Joe Biden was the second guest. The biggest surprise though was Fred Armisen as the band leader because I know him as a comedic actor. I thought it would be a guest stint but it looks to be a permanent thing.

15. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was OK-ish.. Seth Meyers is pretty stiff doing stand-up during the monologue, and his delivery is very 'weekend update' still. He'll have to grow a bit. Seemed a lot better than the early Fallon I watched on Late Night. The Venn Diagrams bit wasn't stellar.

16. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

They still have coverage of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, plus the Olympics and other sporting events, so I wouldn't count them out yet. And they have Grimm and a few other shows that are in the top 10.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Seth Meyers needs to trust his microphone, he always sound like he's yelling like Chris Hardwick which gets tiring after a while. I also thought his kid's desk and small waiting room chairs seemed uncomfortable. Amy Pohler(sp) seemed to be struggling with her dress as she sat and the lighting was harsh. He needs to move on from the Weekend Update format. Of course it's only the first night.

18. bigdaddy

You think Grimm is in the top 10?! :guffaw: (49th)

All their top shows are football (which would be no matter the channel) and The Voice, and Blacklist because it's on after The Voice. After those three, Revolution is 46 and Grimm 49th.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/100-most-watched-shows-on-broadcast-tv/

Anyways I didn't watch Seth's show (was asleep) but the set looks horrible!

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

He was the drummer for the punk band Trenchmouth throughout the 90s, and has played with other bands before and since.

His last episode of SNL ended with him doing a fake British punk rock act (one he'd done on the show before) with a bunch of famous indie musicians and his friends coming out on stage:

Which brings me, once again, to “Lovely Day” and Armisen and Hader’s last goodbye. As Ian Rubbish and the gang sang sweetly, they were gradually joined onstage by a dream team of indie musicians: Aimee Mann, Michael Penn, Steve Jones of The Sex Pistols, J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr., Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, and, of course, Carrie Brownstein of both Sleater-Kinney and Portlandia, the land to which Armisen is apparently moving permanently.

Sorry for the crappy quality, this was the only video I could still find online (everything else got pulled):

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24K1QwugWI[/yt]

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I've only seen the monologue so far but I had no complaints. I dunno if I have the time to watch this and Daily Show and Colbert and At Midnight and Conan nightly, but it's certainly light years better than Jimmy Fallon.