Anyone else watching Homeland S2 ?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brandonv, Oct 13, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe but I think it's also because of a "terrorist is a terrorist" mindset.

What gets me is how do you explain
    the death of a national hero who is a terrorist?

2. st.barthgirl

st.barthgirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Don't know if this is a spoiler? Would someone be kind enough to tell me please how to use the spoiler thingy? i'm sadly, stunningly technically decrepit...

in theory, an assassination can rally the Body Politic around a 'grieving' candidate. i wouldn't be surprised if the VP turned the tables and used a tragedy like that to maneuver himself into the Oval Office...

3. bigdaddy

^ I don't think the VP has a clue what's going on. He seems like a fool with not a care other than himself. A perfect president! :lol:

For Spoilers you go to the "go advance" reply. There on the right there is a spoiler button. You type in whatever you want in the thing that comes up, but not spoilers. Then you get something that looks like [spoilers] [/spoilers]. Between the ] [ you put your spoilers.

[spoilers] Spoilers go in here [/spoilers]

4. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, last nights episode was an incredible hour of television.

We got to see Carrie face-to-face with Abu Nazir, the man Carrie has been obsessed with finding since the series began. Speaking of obsessed - how crazy was it when she went back the abandoned building, pipe in hand, ready to take on Nazir herself?

Then there was the extremely intense scene between Brody and the Vice President. "You still dont get it, do you? I'm killing you."

Carrie doesn't know that Brody gave Nazir the number for the pace maker, but once she hears that Walden had a heart attack, its going to be pretty obvious what happened.

5. bigdaddy

I know. This show is so awesome. Last season had one storyline building up until the ending in which I was kind of upset they didn't go "BOOM!"

They made up for it this year. Not sure what they're building up to because every episode feels like a whole season.

Two left.

6. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I thought the last episode was a total mess. It kinda went full retard like 24. It's losing the grittiness and replacing it with over the top nonsense.

7. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

The finale was really long and overly quiet compared to the episodes leading up to it. But it was packed full of character moments and I only checked the clock once near the end of the episode.

I kind of wondered what would happen as Carrie and Brodie ditched the memorial and was shocked that the writers actually pulled it off this time. So now we are left wondering, do we believe Brodie or not?

The looks on Brodie's family's faces... yikes. And Saul's wife is coming home? Interesting. I have no idea where season 3 will take us.

8. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the finale was really good. At first it didn't seem like much was happening, and it looked like the writers chickened out again when Quinn didn't go through with his mission. But then... wow :eek:. They even killed one of the shows main characters.

I believe Brody for the time being, because in the past he has seemed to be against the idea of killing civilians.

There is a bizarre theory over at the IMDB.com forums:
    People think that Saul is behind the bombing, and that he is the mole everyone has been speculating about. I personally think that would be too much, and would put the show into "Jumping the Shark" territory.

9. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's the theory I had since season 1. It wouldn't put the show into shark-jumping territory, it would move it completely into 24 territory. Hey, that show had the freaking US president as the main villain for one season, so why not have a nice CIA guy being a mole in a more serious version?
    Brody definitely had nothing to do with the explosion, he seemed content with the direction his life was taking - he was free of Abu Nazir, Walden was dead, he left his wife and was ready to start a relationship with Carrie ...

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

If the actual VP dies, his funeral memorial takes place in Langley? Really?

11. bigdaddy

The writers explained it wasn't the VP official memorial, but a CIA one. That makes some sense because you don't want all the CIA faces out in public.

Saul is not the mole, that is just too stupid, more so because how does he move a car when he's on a boat?

Quinn makes the most sense to the mole. I was happy with the episode, it leaves many things open to do next year,while really getting rid of some dead weight characters. I was shocked they actually did it this year.

12. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The end was pretty decent, but the episode as a whole... didn't love it. Mandy Patankin is fantastic, but the Brody and Carrie scenes were not great. I think not killing Brody off two seasons in a row is a mistake. I kind of want a show about counter-terrorism, not a show about Brody.

13. neozeks

neozeks Captain Captain

Wow, the show had been going seriously downhill for some time and I had no idea how they planned on continuing it for another season, but I think they managed to pull a minor miracle with this finale. I mean, it doesn't excuse the previous mistakes and it's still pretty outlandish (is CIA's security really that incompetent?) but given the hole they dug themsleves into it's a really good and interesting solution and provides a much needed fresh start for the next season. And the character moments worked quite well too and made me invested in the characters like I hadn't been in a long time.

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problem with the mole theory is we can count on one hand the amount of CIA characters who actually matter to the audience
    and we're down to basically two now, since Quinn's not really CIA anyway.

The series had a fantastic start, but somewhere near the middle the twists became a little... much, but even as that felt opaque the character work remained largely good. I'll be around next year.

15. bigdaddy

It's written by some "24" people, I'm just happy it's not completely insane yet.

And maybe we haven't even met the mole yet, who knows. Have a new bad guy from within and a new terrorist for the new season.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the show was about Brody but has kind of gone past its natural lifecycle and now they're stuck trying to figure out how to extend the show past its natural termination point.

I'm curious if they can keep it going without going too far out to sea.

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Having miraculously managed to avoid all spoilers, I was so hoping they were going to end it there. Talk about flogging a dead horse. But...if they're going to do a S3 I hope they go batshit-crazy like Luther. The only stuff/characters care about are Brody, Carrie and Saul. Everyone else is dull. Though wouldn't mind seeing more of F. Murray.

18. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Plus 1 - at least the daughter's douche-bag wannabe boyfriend won't be returning ... or will he? Duh-duh-durr...