Anyone else watching Homeland S2 ?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brandonv, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Homeland is one of the few reasons I still bother to get cable T.V. I think the first season was really good, and season 2 has been really enjoyable far as well.

How about the ending of last Sunday's episode? :eek:

Saul found the memory card with Brody's recorded confession. This completely changes the series - now it's not just Cary vs everyone else.

I'm really excited about tomorrows episode.

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not going to read the spoiler as we've only seen the first episode here so far.

This is one of my "not miss" shows after seeing the first season:)

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish was the season 1 finale was more explosive than it was, but last episode really changes everything.

Or it should, if not they writers are screwing up. :lol:

4. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Do I need a spoiler tag?

Anyway. The only thing that bothered me somewhat in the premiere was to see Carrie flung back into the action rather quickly. There should have been no way that the CIA would want to be near her, yet they go begging to her? And poor Carrie is actually making a go of her life, yet felt she needed to help.

I was just slightly worried that it was all going to be resolved in the way 24 would often forget things. Jack spending 18 months being tortued by the Chinese is one of my favourite 'shrug it off' moments.

Maybe I'm being foolish. I hope so! I'm still looking forward to the 2nd episode. I mean yeah I was unsure if Carrie doing her thing, but seeing her crack a smile as she got her groove back was a mighty satisfying moment.

5. Brandonv

Yeah, I wasn't expecting Carrie to be working for the CIA again so quickly. But it was also implied that quite some time had passed since the season 1 finale.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I can't believe they stalled Saul's return until the very end of the episode!

7. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

OK, I loved the second episode, all is forgiven! Surely the cat's out of the bag now? What will happen?

*Waiting patiently for Sunday*

8. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

Loved the first episode and how Carrie was thrown into the action and her instinct kicked in, and her little smile at the end.

Ep 2 was explosive with the action in the middle and the game changer at the end.

Ep 3 stretched out Saul's return to the end of the show but kept me on the edge of my seat watching Brodie dig his hole deeper and deeper.

9. bigdaddy

This show does more in 15 episodes than some shows do in 150. A normal show would have lost the memory card and only Saul would know for another season. Just look like Dexter.

10. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, they obviously can't arrest Brody and send him to Guantanamo, never to be seen again. Lewis just got an Emmy for that role, after all.
    So either, Saul is gonna die before everyone but Carrie can be informed of his discovery, or they deliberately use Brody (with or without his consent) in order to close in on Nazir.

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great show. A certain text messaging scene was a bit too hokey, but what can ya do? I think Dexter has been off to a strong season so far, so Showtime has quite the power block of programming for me.

12. bigdaddy

The writers debated killing Brody off last season. I can see the show going on for 5 more years and I don't see Brody being there for most of it.

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm also pretty sure that Mandy Patinkin (aka Saul; you know, the guy with multiple Emmy and Tony awards) holds more star power for the show than Damian Lewis does.

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Claire Danes also got an Emmy, and she's amazing in this role, so there is that.

I've been watching this on RTE, so yeah. It's one of a half-dozen shows I'm watching right now, and it's also easily the best.

As far as Brody goes, so long as the series can think of interesting things to do with him I'm happy for him to stick around... but I can definitely see the series continuing after him. That's really one of the great benefits of a character like Abu Nazir: Offing Brody could be the climactic end to a tense Homeland season, but the Real Bad Guy is still out there, somewhere, playing his elaborate game of terrorist chess.

15. bigdaddy

Holy shit....

Holy fucking shit...

The forth episode was something else... wow... The ending was stunning and shocking and amazing. This is why these people won awards.

16. Brandonv

Me after the ending of yesterday's episode ---> :eek:

I was surprised that

they captured Brody already. I thought they would drag it out for a while. I feel like more has happened in the last four episodes than happened in all of the 1st season.

I wonder whats next for Brody then? I wonder if the CIA will try to make Brody work for them and help capture Nazir?

17. bigdaddy

More has happened in the last 4 episodes than most TV shows do in 4 seasons.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Carrie screwed the pooch.

Have you noticed that her handlers can''t handle her.

I guess that's just part of the parcel for being coocoo for coco puffs.

If she just would have frakked him, he wouldn't have cared which side he was on.

We always assume that we can squeese in a little bit more sex before we have to kill them.

That's how John the Baptist lost his head.

19. bigdaddy

I’ve had a pretty good run so far with that. I seem to be good at this, if nothing else. :)

Last episode was the highest ratings ever for it. So it got renewed for a third season.

20. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

I like how the third episode exploded what looked like at least a season-long story, then this episode set up what looks like a new status quo for the show, only to explode that too at the end.