House, MD 5x14.5 "Obamarama" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Feb 10, 2009.

?

House rates, mostly because of

Poll closed Feb 16, 2009.
  1. Dr. Gregory House

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Dr. Lisa Cuddy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dr. James Wilson

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Dr. Allison Cameron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dr. Robert Chase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dr. Eric Foreman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Dr. Chris Taub

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  9. Dr. Lawrence Kutner

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Not to mention how his ears don't look like a Volkswagaen with the front doors open

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was happy to see less of 13 and boreman this week but would have liked to have seen a bit more of house;)

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

By the way, I read the Spidey-Obama team-up story the other day, and it was really lame.
    The Chameleon is trying to impersonate Obama for the inauguration, thinking (wrongly, as the story points out) that just getting sworn in will make him president. The real Obama drives up and confronts the impostor, and Spidey swings in to offer his help. Bizarrely, instead of using his spider-sense to instantly detect the impostor, the only contribution he can make is the old "ask a question only the real Obama would know" trick. And Chameleon does such a dreadful job at the impersonation that Spidey's presence isn't needed at all -- he would've been found out right away, just in casual conversation with others at the inauguration. I find it totally unbelievable that a master of disguise would do so little research into his subject.

At the end, as Spidey swings away, he thinks that Obama could've easily handled the situation without his help. And that's meant to be a compliment, but it doesn't come off that way, because it was a situation that anyone with half a brain could've effortlessly resolved.

Amusingly, in the comic, Obama delivers the oath correctly the first time. I guess the Marvel Universe chief justice isn't so prone to hypercorrection.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

why would Spiderman be any different to anyone else in the US?