Doctor Who in the Star Trek universe

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Thete, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the Sixth Doctor because he reminds me of Kerr Avon.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ Though he probably looks more like Tarrant

3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, he wasn't exactly the Sixth Doctor.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPkCqQmNnQ[/yt]

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

No he had a better outfit than the 6th Doctor...

5. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love the Sixth Doctor's costume. It's in your face, deliberately provocative and willfully unfashionable. Exactly how The Doctor should dress, none of those sexy skinny suits that show off his bum to the gormless squee crowd

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Who doesn't?:shrug:

7. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Christopher, if you don't mind my asking, which canonical episodes do you exclude from your personal continuity? As someone else who includes certain books and not certain episodes/movies myself, I'd be very interested in your opinion.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

An outfit so bad even Colin Baker hated it. I'd agree the Doctor should be unfashionable but I don't think he should ever dress like a garish clown. Didn't do Colin any favours unfrotunately.

I'm sure I can think of someone, just give me a few months...

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The style of the Sixth Doctor's outfit isn't really that bad, it's just the whole multi-colour thing that makes it horrible. But then, doesn't Big Finish try to fix that by photoshopping it black in the covers of some of the audios.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah the styling isn't so bad, I'd even go so far as to say the whole multi coloured thing isn't a terrible idea, if only it's A/been muted rather than so garish and B/Been an outfit that looked second hand rather than something so obviously created for the job.

Davison's look and Tom's final look had similar issues in terms of looking especially made and like a uniform, but neither were lumbered with a colour scheme that was, one can only hope, designed to confuse Dalek optical sensors...or something...

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I actually think the Blue version of 6's costume is pretty awesome.

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

If, by some miracle of cross-channel and transAtlantic co-operation, you could have had Trek/DW crossovers take place while productions of each were ongoing, then the crossovers could have involved:

1966: Original Star Trek crew and The First Doctor (very narrow window of opportunity, as Trek debuted in September 1966 and the first Doc regenerated at the end of October 1966)

1967 - 1969: Original Trek crew and the Second Doctor. The Second Doctor's tenure and the last episode of Trek both debuted in June 1969.

For the Third Doctor to have teamed up with the Trek crew, it would have had to be as an appearance in the animated series.

Tom Baker debuted as the Fourth Doctor about 2 months after TAS stopped airing but he was still in the role at the time that the Trek crew reunited to make TMP.

Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor could have teamed up with the red-uniformed Trek crew around the time of TWOK or TSFS.

Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor could have crossed over with the Trek crew around the time of TVH.

Colin was gone by the time that TNG aired but that Trek crew and Sly McCoy debuted in the same month, September 1987. McCoy could also in theory have appeared in the fifth Trek movie, TFF.

DW isn't on air for the 6th and final big screen outing of the original crew of the Enterprise (TUC, 1991) or the TNG crew's big screen debut in GEN (1994). However, Paul McGann's only onscreen appearance as the Seventh Doctor comes in a year when DS9 and VOY are on air and the TNG crew are on the big screen in FC.

Chris Eccleston's only series as the Ninth Doctor just about overlaps with the final series of ENT. The latter is scrapped too soon for the Tenth Doctor to have crossed over, but the most recent Trek movie aired in the same year as Tennant's last year as Ten, while Matt Smith and Chris Pine etc are still signed up for their respective roles.