Smallville 9x01 "Savior" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Grade "Savior"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Above Average)

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  4. Kal (Below Average)

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Haven't heard for certain, but hoping that he'll return and not just as John Jones, ordinary cop. He needs to get his powers back. I'd also like to see him interact a bit more with the JL.

Dagman, I too wish to thank you for clarifying some of the more confusing aspects of this ep. I've only seen it once and now want to see it again with your explanation in mind. I actually missed the fact that the one Kandor chick was actually Ninja Chick.

If Souders and Petersen really do have a master plan for the entire season, I'm all for it. I just hope it doesn't result in having to sacrifice Chloe for Clark to become Superman.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking about Zod's troops as well...they could have very well been Nam-Ek and Aeythr, he addressed them as Cadets. The woman from the future's name is actually credited as Alia according to Smallville Wiki which normally gets their info from Kryptonsite. Remember that Davis first emerged as Doomsday at the end of Bride which was around mid-season so if Metallo does appear next week, he could potentially be around for a while. Not sure what kind of contract BAG signed in the summer.

The dream sequence is interesting, it shows as far as I was able to see: a man dressed as Zod, Tess kneeling down before a shadowy figure (could be real Zod or someone else), Chloe lying on the ground apprently unconscience, Ollie searching for something on the ground, Lois and Clark having sex and a weird expression on Clark's face (methinks that Red K is afoot folks maybe), and a woman possibily Alia coming at Lois with a sword. Fascinating. We haven't had a mystery on Smallville in ages if ever.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The look on Clarks face is that he was surprised to find no cobwebs like there was in Lana's punanni when she'd show up for their annual rut.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling though that is the route they're going to take.

5. Admiral_Young

^ I'm getting that feeling as well NX as I posted on another board. This season has potential to be the greatest and most interesting. Remember folks, we've still got The Justice Society, the Wonder Twins, and a couple more possible DCU characters down the road that haven't been announced yet. Peterson and Sounders said at comic con that its possible that they would look to use a couple more heroes/people from the DCU.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ After the ratings for Friday's ep even I think that they really need to make this season epic because it'll be the last one. The demos were horrible.

7. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the show has been on for nine years. That's almost unchartered territory for a fantasy/sci-fi show.

That shitty season finale last season did nothing to help them.

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah saw that the raitings were low....if this trait continues...hmmm not looking good for season ten.

9. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

DANGIT! I forgot it was on and I missed it!

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

So, wait. Zod and Friends are clones? Was this established in the episode or is it just fan theory?

Also, is Metallo already Metallo? When Lois stomped on his foot, he didn't really react to it.

That idea has been around for years. End of season 3 - house explodes with Chloe in it. She must be dead! Nope.

It came up again, most predominately, during last season when it was widely reported that two cast members would die, one of which being male and the other's gender being a secret.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It was implied by the dialogue in the episode (they had undergone blood tests immediately before the battle) and through spoilers.

Young Jor-El is with them and will be seen later this season.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

How the heck would that encouraging to anyone???!!! :confused:

I think some would cheer Guy Gorman or Nuclear Man turning up because....well... its an established character.... though not good ones... umm... or likely even really resembling them... or even called by that name... but Smallville's Producers have discovered they can market the show to the online fandom this way...

Even when they have actually done a fairly straight on depiction of a character (minus age issues) they kill them off... ...telling us that it actually his older brother... using his own brother's name as a nickname.... Sounds like Michael Jackson's kids, He nicknamed his first son Michael Junior - Prince... than decided to really name the second one that as a legal name.... so he calls the second kid Blanket instead.....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ And George Foreman's kids all being named George - or so the old saying goes.

14. Admiral_Young

Let's not get carried away here about Nuclear Man! I am excited to see the Wonder Twins though haha.

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I wondered how long it would be before Miss Teschmacher knelt before Zod.

:devil:

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

No, he's still just an ordinary human in "Savior".

17. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Then they have a lot of ground to cover next week.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Procutus PM'd me a question, and I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here, because I think it is an interesting question and I too would like to hear what you all think.

I'm dumbfounded on this one too. My guesses are either that the wearer of the ring can control the time field, and thus Lois didn't know how and she misused it and it only sent her 1 year into the future. This makes a lot of sense since Clark is able to use it freely to travel into the past and all, so the ring wearer must be able to control where they go.

Or, maybe the ring wearer has to be "super powered" to use it correctly? Has any non super power being used it before?

19. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Or, what if time is now screwed up and there is no more future beyond one year? There's an idea to chew on. And that Lois was destined to go to the future and to come back with that knowledge so the knot in time gets fixed and the future restored.

Remember, time was altered when the Persuader came back and destroyed Clark's Phantom Zone crystal there in the barn. He was supposed to use it on Chloe/Brainiac to banish Brainiac into the PZ. What if the reason they didn't know about Chloe was because the crystal would not actually have separated them and he'd have banished Chloe to the PZ as well as Brainiac? And Clark would have still had that PZ crystal to use to banish Doomsday too (as well as the one in the Fortress). Thus he would never have actually killed Doomsday, thusly never activating the Orb and creating clones of dozens of Kryptonians that are now on Earth, who bring about the destruction of everything.

I love a good time travel puzzle, I hope I am right about this. It will just make this season all the more fun as I piece things together. :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The explanation will come in December from what I've been reading.