Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

when will they cast zan and jayna????

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Never going to happen as long as we've got someone as unprofessional as Tom Welling playing the role.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about Clark travels a few years into the future and then he narrowly misses discovering about super man over and over again, close call after close call... But still we get to see an "older" Clark in the tights flying.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ We already kind of got that when Clark sees himself flying through what looks to be space or night and a red cape flapping behind him in that episode with the old woman who can see. Personally I would like to see Superman emerge after deflecting an invasion from Darkseid (CGI voiced by Micheal Ironside) perhaps Chloe is killed in the episode by Desadd or something like that. We get a big slug fest between Clark and Darkseid.

5. Guy Gardener

Really? Killed? I'd like to find out that she was a robot like Matrix, which makes all the Brainiac stuff confusing if it was Robot vs Robot doing bipolar inside her... matrix was mirror universe Lana/Supergirl, no I'm thinking of the Eradicator, yup. That was his ship all grown up into a super villain.

6. Admiral_Young

Actually I just got an idea...Chloe would only appear to be killed only to emerge later on in a off the cuff scene as the head of the new metahuman government agency called Checkmate along with her accomplices Maxwell Lord and King Faraday! Checkmate then could be proposed to CW as an action oriented spy/superhero spin off of Smallville so they don't have to do a Green Arrow show and continue to ruin the character or just turn Ollie into Bruce.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Actually Clark never sees his destiny in the episode Hourglass but rather a series of tombstones. The image of Superman (the cape fluttering in the breeze at the end of time) is from Hereafter where Jordan Cross sees the moment of Clark's death - his meteor ability.

8. Guy Gardener

shit.

I think I got it.

(And 2 seconds later i realise that I am ripping off the Prisoner The Girl who was Death.)

Chloe is a bed ridden 12 year old girl with Lukemia and Superman has been stopping by to tell her bed time stories about how they would have hypothetically grown up together in Smallville.

(Kinda ripping off he last episode of Roseanne too.)

9. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Well, it would explain away all the random story glitches the series have given us.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

You know I actually like that idea in a strange way.

11. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't mind it either...how about in a slight twist it's Dean Cain's Superman that has been telling the Chloe girl the Smallville Chronicles.

12. Broccoli

The more I think about it, that ending might be neat, but there is one issue that might arise.

For the first half of the series, Chloe had the hots for Clark. Clark didn't and many, many, many episodes delved into Clark pining for Lana.

If Superman is telling the story to the Chloe girl, wouldn't the Chloe girl get irritated that "she" liked Superman, but Supes continually kept talking about trying to hook up with Lana?

Then again, Superman is a dick, so...

13. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Sigh.. I'd comment on this post further but I'd only get a warning from the mods.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The guy is a professional actor who won't wear glasses for a part. That's unprofessional.

15. Broccoli

^ to extend this further out of personal curiosity, if there was an actor that refused to do nudity, even if there was a scene the required it, would you claim that to be unprofessional?

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Good point there Broc, but I still can't figure out what the hell Welling's problem is with wearing glasses. I can almost understand the reluctance to do the tights, but specs?

17. Admiral_Young

As much as it is frustrating as a fan point of view if he doesn't want to put on the suit and that was part of his contract and a selling point on the role then we can't really do much about that. As for the glasses thing, that part I don't understand. Most actors are willing to do uncomfortable things for the parts they get...he couldn't wait to get those damn things off in the episodes where he has had them on.

18. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Who cares if he wears glasses, they are a stupid disguise, that shouldn't fool anyone. But if Superman fans can accept that they can effectively disguise him, why can't this version of Clark use another disguise like a different hairstyle or colored contact lenses when he's Superman, it makes as much sense as glasses.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

For most parts, that is agreed before the casting of the role is finalised. Tom Welling signed on to make a show about the young Clark Kent, a character famous for wearing glasses.

20. Guy Gardener

Remember Fred savage in the princess Bride? have you seen Definitely Maybe yet? same thing but with a little girl? The child in any case being told some oral (typeset ruins the flow of imagination.) story has some discretion and steerage over the subject matter, and honestly, of course she's going to be in love with him, he's superman, which would be why she would keep tricking him into telling the story where they end up living happily ever after, BUT Lana always intrudes at the 11th hour.

now that makes a certain amount of sense.

Dean Cani was a wonderful Superman.

John Byrne had Super(Old)man from the 30th century making out with an 11 year old time travelling Lana Lang.

These things happen in the South.