‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have it on good authority that Batman likes Yoohoo.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well the article acknowledges it's just a mockup, based on the description they were given.

And while I absolutely detest most of the Injustice costumes and think they're freakin ugly as hell, the one for WW actually looks pretty decent for the most part. And I think I could live with it.

At least as long as they get rid of the wings on the boots.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

This is true.

4. urbandefault

Batman does not dislike nachos. Shame on you for even suggesting it! Nachos are (is?) power food for superheros! Pile on the jalapenos!

5. Professor Zoom

Sorry, it's canon. Batman: The Brave and the Bold, episode 33, A Bat Divided.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I can just imagine Batman out patrolling after eating a few Tacos with Hot Sauce. He won't be worrying about who is out there committing crime, he'll want to find the nearest toilet!

7. urbandefault

I disregard your canon, and demand that you share a plate of nachos with me at your earliest convenience. :lol:

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Batman would avoid anything that might make him flatulent, as that would be a detriment to stealth for more than one sense....

9. Professor Zoom

m'k.

He's prepared. He carries pepto in the belt.

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

What if he was being followed by Daredevil? I imagine a good long fart would throw off Matt's radar senses long enough for Batman to make his escape.

11. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bat-antacids.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Or it might be a blind spot for Batman...he doesn't attempt to prevent flatulence, because he thinks his Batshit doesn't stink.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

If it's Affleck Daredevil and Affleck Batman I think it ends up like Lazarus in Star Trek so it's probably best he doesn't catch him.

14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

That's it! We finally have the perfect villain for the next Trek film--Affleck as Lazarus! Brilliant! :lol:

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

More bad news for Superman

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05...ice-league-story-spanning-five-or-six-movies/

So basically Superman will need to be paired with someone in any future movie to expand the Justice League.

I wouldn't be surprised if only Batman get's a movie of his own. The rest have to share.

Green Lantern: the fire of Mars

etc etc

16. davejames

I'm not really sure how feasible it is for a studio to produce just one huge, mega-budget Justice League movie after another. Or that they'd really want to risk burning people out on the concept so quickly.

They've said before they want to use JL as a way to introduce new characters and jumpstart their own franchises, and I'm inclined to think that's still the plan.

And if it IS a huge hit, then that would surely create interest for a new Superman film as well. All they have to do is come up with a really cool story and/or villain for him to fight, and people will want to see it.

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like how Superman: The Animated Series was used to introduce the DCAU's version of the Flash, Aquaman, Doctor Fate, their first Green Lantern.

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

This is what happens when there are two Superman films, back to back, that don't do as well as had been hoped.

19. davejames

Yeah there might have been a bit less emphasis placed on Batman in the sequel (and he wouldn't have been in the title), but I think it's likely WB would have still used the sequel as a jumping off point for a JL movie regardless.

Since it's such an obvious place to do it (and they really really want to have a JL movie).

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So basically its not so much Superman failing and needing support from other heroes as other heroes riding on Superman's coat tails.