Spoiler-ish predictions from current STID trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Rowdy Roddy McDowall, Feb 20, 2013.

1. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    I'm sooo happy I wasn't drinking anything when I read this...:guffaw:

2. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For all we know, that scene isn't even in the movie. Baby Spock, anybody? We could be getting all worked up for nothing.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise was made far bigger in the last movie, in order to fit the dozens of large shuttles, enourmous engineering section and corridor network around and behind the bridge - up from the 289m of the original series to 725m (possibly as big as 1200m!) Although I don't think the ship skimming the water is the Enterprise, it's definitely in the same size range.

4. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I don't think so. While I am well aware that the JJprise is much bigger than any previous version of the ship, the ship in the bay appears, at least to my eye, and judging by the buildings in the foreground, to be vastly larger still.

Granted, keeping things in properly scaled proportion is a special effects failing of many a film, so the seemingly massive size of the vessel may just be a mistake. Thus far, I;m assuming it's not a mistake, and that this ship actually is supposed to be significantly larger than Enterprise.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, and no. :guffaw:

6. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

TrekWeb: The last trailer scared the fans showing a half-destroyed Enterprise in orbit of Earth. Any comments ?

Chambliss: Are you sure it was the Enterprise? This is a J.J. Abrams movie after all!

7. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-9rtz8rrw[/yt]
    Stop it at 15 seconds. You can make out "1701" and the ship isn't crashing on the planet. It is still in space, about to crash into the planet.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

The Enterprise is not going to be destroyed.

9. HaventGotALife

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPJsks9wKQ[/yt]

Listen to Pike. This is why I think that.

10. HaventGotALife

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOEFX2siAXY[/yt]

They showed it in the preview last time.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

So what?

The Enterprise is not going to be destroyed in this movie. ;)

12. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Eh, I'm pretty sure the guy featured in every trailer, poster, set of images, etc. will be in the movie. And it's not fraud, it's called marketing and editing.

13. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can exclusively reveal, they're upping the ante and destroying several Enterprises all at once for Into Darkness.

The NX-01 will be stolen from the Fleet Museum and driven into the bay, crashing into the also perfectly preserved CVN-80 aircraft carrier exhibit... Meanwhile Robert April's recently comic-book depicted earlier Enterprise, will be used by John Harrison to write-off the movie hotrod NCC-1701 -- before itself exploding in front of a product placement for a well-known car rental place.

JJ Abrams will then rip off his rubber mask, revealing himself to have been Michael Bay all along. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  14. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    That heavily damaged primary hull the Enterprise barely avoided in the first movie was substantially larger...

Perhaps the ship in question is a member of that class??

15. HaventGotALife

I still think it's the Enterprise.

16. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Me too, but I think it might be part of a dream sequence, like Spock was having in the comics.

Or, they are able to save the ship at the last minute. :)

-Ricky

17. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Doctor Bashir

As I was watching Deep Space Nine, my son said something to me that gave me a very brief pause, smile, then wink. He says to me, "hey dad, the John Harrison guy sounds to me to be a lot like the doctor on Deep Space Nine. He has one of those fuddy-duddy (word?) accents like people from England, he is made to be smarter by doctors, and has dark hair!" It was a funny thought nonetheless. I think this is what Abrams is wanting....so much debate and talk about this new movie. Cheers JJ. Well done.

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Except Sid is Middle Eastern and looks the part. Otherwise, good call, kid. :)

19. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

This is how I see it kirk fails his mission on niruba by breaking the prime directive is ordered back to earth for yet another court hearing in the process pike tells him off gives him a lecture earth gets attacked at this point by mr evil Harrison kills pike causes all kinds of shit big undercover story about April + carol Marcus gets involved with kirk and we find out that Peter weller character is the other bad guy in this film ??

20. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

yup. as i've said before on the SuperBowl trailer thread, i'm hoping for a nuBSG Exodus Part II moment ;)