Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, according to Wikipedia he hasn't had an ongoing solo series since 1996. It amazes me it's taken this long, he seems to be a pretty important character in the MU and popular.
    Have Fazekas and Butters written comics before?

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Sales for the various Strange minis and spinoff have been weak. Though Vaughn's Dr. Strange was excellent (and it's doubtful Aaron could outdo that). It's the same reason why Dr. Fate hasn't had an ongoing until now barring the Fate ongoings which all got cancelled.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Two-thirds of this rumor has been confirmed (the creative team). Given the new title of the book, I'm going to guess that the rest of the rumor (Hulk's ID) is true as well.

6. Hound of UIster

Pak is back!

Why did he leave anyways?

I just hope he doesn't leave AC for this.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

So how is everyone enjoying Secret Wars so far? I'm really enjoying the main series and some of the tie-ins are pretty good too. So far I haven't really liked the X-Men issues I've read and I don't think I will continue to pick them up. I really like Ultimate End and Infinity Gauntlet so far. The first issue of Old Man Logan wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be but I thought the second issue was better. The other tie-ins I've tried and liked enough to continue on with are:

• A-Force
    • Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
    • Inhumans: Attilan Rising
    • Planet Hulk
    • Secret Wars 2099
    • Spider-Verse
    • Thors

I've also picked up Squadron Sinister but I haven't read it yet since I have finally decided to read the original 12 issue mini of Squadron Supreme first.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I like the main series but the tie-ins are basically cute nostalgia gimmicks that aren't really worth it. I did like A-Force, Thors, E for Extinction, ASM... but I always have a problem with alternate universe stories that don't star "my" characters.

9. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I personally think the main series is kind of lame (I'm not a big fan of the Doom is God premise) but some of the tie ins are ok. The ones I'm currently planning to read all of are (along with the main mini):

Planet Hulk
    MODOK - Assasain
    Where Monsters Dwell
    Attilan Rising
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Armor Wars
    Marvel Zombies
    Ghost Racers
    Thors

I've tried a bunch that I didn't like, basically all the ones that aren't on my list like A-Force, Secret wars 2099, etc.

10. Turtletrekker

I'm enjoying the main series, but I'm not getting any of the crossovers. Hell, the only reason I'm buying the main series is because it's the culmination of a story I've been following for three years. These days I tend to avoid "Events" altogether as they are usually disappointing, but this one was rather unavoidable.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's a shame Hickman didn't write any of the tie-ins. He was certainly producing enough volume leading up to this!

12. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I read the first issue of 1602: Witch Hunter Angela and was rather indifferent to it. The concept has potential (Angela is a mutant hunter), but I found the first issue plodding and occasionally confusing.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ghost Racers, Weirdworld, Squadron Sinister, and Planet Hulk are my favorites so far.

14. Hound of UIster

That is a good description of most of Bennett's work so far imo.

15. Turtletrekker

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is this the first time they've ever used Extraordinary for an X-Men title. It seems like an obvious title, but I honestly don't remember ever seeing it before.

17. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't like Lemire, but I'm too much of an X-Men fan not to at least try Extraordinary X-Men.

18. Hound of UIster

With Remender off of Captain America and Uncanny Avengers and Bendis off of UXM and AXM, it exposes a lack of a coherent long term game plan since Marvel NOW turned out to be an absolute dead-end and the top writers have all jumped ship. Especially hilarious is that Remender had just relaunched two new volumes for Cap and UA. Seems like they are flailing even more than DC right now and their reaction seems to be copying DC, which probably isn't a good thing.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to admit that I'm getting a "New 52" vibe from the various titles they're launching after Secret Wars.

20. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

Regarding the Amadeus Cho being a Hulk thing, Cho actually hulked out once before, during one of the recent crossovers with the Hulk family, where pretty much everybody became Hulks. Cho's form had a big brain, sort of like the Leader, but even larger. I think he was red-skinned too. However, a 'new' Hulk form can happen too. Both Betty and Rick had other forms briefly before their more recent (now cured) ones, and the original is an ever better example-Bruce has been green, grey, combinations of the two, and some of the smarter Hulks such as the Merged/Professor and Doc Green have more human faces. Plus in most versions of the Grey Hulk, he's shown to be shorter and more neanderhalish than the regular savage Hulk.