Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Relayer1, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?

1. I'll get both

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4)

49 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Staying with Xbox (360 to One)

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4)

21 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Which technically we're already seeing happen. Shadow of Mordor just came out for PS3 and 360, and there are already large enough differences such as the nemesis system, AI and animation., though granted, the latter could very well be due to bad optimization.

One reviewer who's played both the PS4 and PS3 versions has noted the differences that go beyond the superficial:

http://kotaku.com/shadow-of-mordor-is-way-less-fun-on-old-consoles-1660387779

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Oh, I was agreeing. My point was that for that sort of money you'd be getting far more than just being able to play online multiplayer.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh definitely, but OP has been making very peculiar remarks around the board in general, so I'm not sure what to make of him.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I could certainly tell you what I make of him.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well my PS4 is on it's way back to Amazon, as the disc drive is not only shattered but the pieces wrattling around inside the chasis right out of the box.

Well, yeah, it's quite broken. So the return label is being printed and sent off. Not sure when I'll get the refund so I can pay to travel all the way to town to pick up one well over priced and carry it all the way home. You know, what I wanted to avoid in the first place.

Never ordering anything off Amazon again at this rate.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I bought mine off of Amazon here in the U.S., and had no issues with it. Should've at least had them send you another one. See if it was just a one-off issue.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I googled around after it happened and it seems the White version has a pretty high drive failure rate, well above the Black's. Some people even citing M$ bribing the assembly workers to deliberately sabotage the newer models lol.

Quick frankly, no, Amazon have messed up so many orders this year it's just...no. Argos in town are doing the White version bundles for the same price instead of the bare console I got.

So yes there might be problems, but it's a lot less fuss to go to to replace it. Besides, the only option on Amazon was "Return" and when I filled that out they gave me the label and promised a full refund on arrival.

8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Make a bit of noise and they will refund before it arrives.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

There's already a big bolded message during the process that says that any and all comments will not effect the amount or rate of refund.

Looks like they added that recently.

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

My PS3 died friday, had it since launch(so 7 years)...
    If the PS4 had backwards compatibility i would've picked one up, but just got a PS3 Super Slim...

11. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

I've just got a PS4 and I'm happy with it so far. I'm playing CoD Advanced Warfare and I think it's superb, I was bored with the franchise by MW3 but this one really is excellent.

My only bugbear at the moment is the lack of a proper remote control being available for the system, but it's not the end of the world. I've read that there's been complaints that the battery life on the controller is inferior to the PS3 at 6 hours-ish, but I've never got the time to play for that length of time in one sitting anyway, and I sit close enough to my TV to have it plugged in when I need it to anyway. Plus any micro USB cable will work with it. All minor niggles nothing more.

My PS3 has been relegated upstairs, but I think they are still a really good bit of kit so I haven't sold it, and will still use it for the odd game and Netflix/Blu Rays etc. I also prefer the simplicity of it's UI over the PS4, which looks more cluttered to me.

I'm looking forward to playing Grand Theft Auto 5 on it. It blew me away on the PS3, in fact seeing the side by side graphics comparison of it with the PS4 version was what planted the seed to go out and buy the console.

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Refund came in a couple of days ago on the broken one so ordered a new one *fingers crossed*.

13. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

Rumor has it that there will be a Red Dead Redemption Remastered release and then RDR 2. Red Dead was my absolute favorite game of the last gen so I can't miss out on this/ I think Im finally ready to pull the trigger on one of these consoles, but it's just so hard to choose. Originally it was a no brainer, PS4 ,but MS has really turned it around. I can't decide better multi-plats on PS4 but Xbox has all the exclusives I actually like. Of course most of those will see a PC release as well..............

14. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I heard about the RDR rumor. If true, it should be rather impressive considering what they've done with GTAV. Although, it is an older game, so in context, the jump in quality should be even more amazing than GTAV's jump from last-gen to current-gen. An RDR sequel would be one of those games that would make me get the console.

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game last gen and I would buy and replay a remastered version in a heartbeat. Playing GTA V right now on XBox One, the desert portions of Blaine County with Trevor look stunningly realistic, so I could only imagine what Red Dead would look like.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Isn't it rather sad that companies woudl rather revive previous generation games than come up with equally good games from scratch?

The very first game to absolutely capture me was the new Dragon Age Inquisition (i already put in around 50 hours and am barely at the mid point with tons of stuff still to do) and everything else i am interested in are remakes.. GTAV and The Last of Us.

It's been a year and the game selection is still abysmal and only now for the Christmas business are the new consoles receiving some A level games.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, games do take time to make. I'm really excited about some of the PS4 games coming out in 2015.

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yup, The Division is a new franchise.

19. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

It pretty much started with the HD remakes of PS2 games on the PS3...
    Then Nintendo followed suit with Gamecube remakes with new controls on the Wii and later Microsoft with things like the HALO remakes...

20. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

But I am definitely waiting for the HD remake of the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil (something I'd hoped would happen for years finally IS!). Getting it for PS4 as soon as it hits....that and Resident Evil Revelations 2, which features the return of Claire Redfield. :)