Which came First: Writing or Trek?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by crohnie, Feb 27, 2009.

?

What Interested you first?

1. Trek first. Then I got into writing

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Writing first. Then I got into Trek

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. crohnie

crohnie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was wondering whether fanfic writers were into writing first and then discovered the Trek Fandom, or vise versa. Where people interested in Trek first and discovered they had a penchant for writing Trek fics? Or was it that people were into writing and then realized there was a lot of Trek lit that was fan made? (There are some really well written (novel quality) fics out there. ) Which person are you?

I was never in to fan fiction but from Middle school onwards, I found I really enjoyed writing. I actually dismissed fanfiction as being easier to write than original fic because the characters came ready made! I guess I just hadn't found a fandom that I was really into. Since I got into Trek a year ago, I have switched my position. Now I think writing fanfiction is harder because a good fan fic writer is always, always true to the characters.

2. SLWalker

SLWalker The OG Scotty Fangirl Premium Member

Definitely Trek; I was literally raised on it. LMAO! Before I could even read, I was a Trekkie. However, writing has been a part of my life for so long that eventually it became inevitable that I would end up writing Trek.

Great question, thank you!

3. TheLoneRedshirt

TheLoneRedshirt Commodore Commodore

I was in grade school when TOS first appeared on NBC (in living color!). I didn't get into writing much until high school and beyond.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I was lying on the living room floor watching Trek around the time I learned to print so, Trek first.

5. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Trek. I didn't seriously get into writing until much later.