Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Overlord, Oct 27, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I AM ON A TRAIN RIGHT NOW!

Well. A train of thought.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least when you're sitting on a thought, no one's put gum in the headrest.

3. delenn13

delenn13 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Be nice to Teacake. She is watching TBD for the first time. She is going to need all our support very soon.

I told her to watch OUAT but NOOOOOOOO...She HAD to pick TBD..during the holidays too....Oh man...

4. teacake

I accidentally acquired the OUAT with Alice in it due to not paying close enough attention to what OUAT I was acquiring and I really do have a basic dislike of Alice stories. So now I'm watching TBH (NO SPOILERS PLEASE PEOPLE) and Arrow neither of which has me in love with anything but we can't all be Eric Northman.

5. Guy Gardener

This is what it's like with smoking (I'm told). Sure, you're not enjoying yourself, but if you quit: It will hurt. At least with heroin there's a reason to keep shooting up other than fear of withdrawals (I'm told.).

6. teacake

A lot of things unfortunately more important that television are like that :lol:

At least with tv unlike smoking and other life choices you can wait expectantly for a payoff. Season 3 Enterprise. A decent war. Unseen dramatic character death. The arrival of someone amazing who turns the show around. A descent into camp. Camp saves everything, even smoking because it adds amusement. Flamboyantly sucking on your own death which you feel like you will die if you miss sucking on, the anti-teat. Harlan Ellison called tv the Glass Teat but he is now a luddite so not worth listening to.

7. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

You people are weird.:lol:

8. Guy Gardener

One-of-us-One-of-us-One-of-us-One-of-us-One-of-us-One-of-us!

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

AAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! :lol:

10. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, you might have a point there.

But I have to correct you on one thing. It wasn't my letter campaign. it was started by another Kes fan and there were many people who joined it. I was just one of them.

But if "Fury" was a response from those in charge to the campaign, wasn't that a nasty thing to do. I mean, the letters and mails were polite. Mine too!

11. teacake

But you didn't read all the mail. Maybe someone sent something like.. a terrible limerick.. and PTB just snapped!

12. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

No matter how bad the lunatic fringe got, getting back to them by destroying Kes was petty and mean spirited. For what it's worth even though I was a devoted Voyager fan, never missed an episode, read all the novels, etc I wasn't involved with any kind of organized fandom so I didn't even know there was a letter writing campaign.

13. Guy Gardener

Look at the final of Enterprise.

These men have no idea how to make love to their fanbase.

Lumbering thugs.

14. teacake

No.

15. Guy Gardener

Never before, or never again?

16. teacake

I suppose I will be forced to watch it again someday when doing an ENT watch with someone younger and more innocent than myself.. but I won't be happy.

17. Guy Gardener

Or you could use it as a teaching moment.

As the first step in making sure that no one ever watches it again.

18. teacake

Oh believe me I will be. I have warned everyone I knew who was watching ENT for the first time that a horrible thing was about to happen.

19. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

That's true. ENT's finale was pretty bad too, and also seemed unnecessarily so. I don't think there was malice there, at least because tptb seemed to like Trip, but it was full of bad decisions, like including Troi and Riker. I love those characters, but that wasn't a story where there were used well. It wasn't their story. That one I genuinely do believe was just well intended mistakes.
    Have you guys read any of the Enterprise novels that follow up from the finale? I've read two, plus one by the same authors that's set before the finale but works very well as part of a series, setting up the novel relaunch, that goes a long, long way toward setting right some of the mistakes of the finale.

20. Guy Gardener

But are you going to Orwell it?

Moreso than not showing them the last episode, you don't have to tell them that it exists.

"No, Terra Prime is the last one, no more, nothing to see from here."

Honesty is for suckers.