Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Overlord, Oct 27, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No. Was this to keep teh gays away?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Other way around.

Under it's effect Superman was supergay.

(It was a two panel joke during a flashback-montage, but it did happen.)

3. teacake

That is wonderful stuff!

4. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

An egomaniac like Zimmerman would be likely to program his hologram likenesses to be heterosexual just because he was. Same with Soong.
    Yeah, the pink Kryptonite. It was in one panel of a Supergirl comic around the late 90s. It made Superman gay, but it was just a one panel joke. At the time Supergirl was living in the campy Silver Age Earth One, where red Kryptonite was used to have wacky effects of Superman, like make him a baby or a gorilla, or spit into good and evil doubles. It was written by Trek author Peter David.
    As far as I know that's the only appearance of the Pink K.

5. teacake

Peter David killed Janeway and NOW I read that he had a trippy side and instead of killing her he could have ray gunned her with a pink ray gun and TURNED HER GAY and made many of us very very happy. What a jerk.

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why would Zimmerman program a hologram only ment for medical emergencies with sexual desire? Did he want it to molest patients?

"Open up and say Ahhhhhh..."

7. teacake

The same reason people make their warcraft characters hot.

8. Guy Gardener

Last century the US Army spent millions of dollars trying to build a gay bomb, assuming that if they could undermine hereto sexuality in the enemy completely, that there would not be a next generation of enemy soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

9. borgboy

I assume that Zimmerman was such an egomaniac that he made sure all his avatars were straight. It at least explains why a hologram was apparently mimicing the orientation of a heterosexual male.
    While Peter David wrote the book that killed Janeway, from what I've read it was an editorial decision, and they just told him to do it. How he killed her was his choice, and he chose to kill her in such a way that she wasn't really really dead and had a built in way to be brought back. I don't think Peter David is such a bad guy, and I at least partially credit him for leaving the door cracked open for Janeway to return.

10. Guy Gardener

What part of hermaphrodite Chief Engineer didn't you understand?

11. teacake

What hermaphrodite?

12. Guy Gardener

Barclay wrote the interpersonal subroutines.

He's over compensating for everything.

Gay or straight, the Doctor is ridiculously camp.

13. exodus

If he was mimicking someone gay, should he have flamboyant hand gestures and speak with a lisp?

14. borgboy

In case you don't get that reference, Peter David's New Frontier series had a hermaphrodite chief engineer (from the cover art s/he looked like Bowie) who had a friends with benefits relationship with a human male ship's navigator, and a very steamy and dysfunctional and fun romance with Selar, the Vulcan doctor from TNG who was the chief medical officer of their ship, the Excaliber. I'm a massive fan of the New Frontier series.
    I did think it funny that the most feminine Seven ever was, was when the Doctor possesed her. Jeri Ryan was brilliant there, really showed more range than I realized she had.

15. teacake

I tried to read the NF, read about half of the first book. Does it get markedly better? Because you are intriguing me here.

16. Guy Gardener

17. teacake

No :(

And I've give my NF away following an aborted attempt to read it.

Someone, convert me.

18. Guy Gardener

I'd say it gets better, but Peter also stops writing individual books. Each novel just runs into one another with huge massive stories. It's an oon going story and no one else touches the property... Apart form a couple anthology specials.

Selar's brother is gay and they totally explain what pon far for gays means.

19. borgboy

I love New Frontier. It's a lot of fun, and very queer. Selar and Burgoyne are a really great couple. I'm a big fan of Peter David.
    There's also a kick ass lesbian T'Prynne who's a lead character in the Vanguard series, which is also really good. She has issues resulting from a past pon farr and her unwanted fiancee, and she does get a girlfriend, and there's a big twist there. There's some pretty steamy lesbian love scenes in that series. Vanguard does establish that lesbians go thru pon farr and that there are hot lesbian Vulcans.

20. exodus

Don't worry, I never read them either........and I used to publish them. :lol: