Trek II Shooting Next Year?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cinema Geekly, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

At an interview at the 2013 Galway Film Fleadh, Zachary Quinto revealed the plans for the filming of the next Star Trek movie:

He also claimed that J.J. Abrams was still hoping to direct, even with his existing Star Wars commitment.

http://buzzhub.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/zachary-quinto-exclusive/

Original Source was from io9.com

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I still think it's more likely they shoot in early-2015 if the target is a mid-2016 release date. :shrug:

4. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Here's hoping the quality will be as high as it has been.
    Future looks brighter everyday!

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Go over to Rotten Tomatoes, and there's a story that the date for James Cameron's second "Avatar" movie is going to be December, 2016 (with two more after that in December 2017 and 2018).

With "Star Wars" in 2015 and "Avatar 2" now officially a Christmas 2016 movie, a summer 2016 release for STIII is even more logical.

Given the timetables of the other two Trek movies, that would mean shooting in the first quarter of 2015, I'd guess. That gives them all of 2014 to come up with a dynamite story and script.

6. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But would the fanbase prefer a september release, or a june release? With september being the actual anniversery of TOS. Personally, I couldn't care less, as long as the movie itself is good (that remark is going to be made fun of a lot I'll bet ;)).

7. NuFan

NuFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

May again. It's been good luck for both movies.

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

What is interesting is that they haven't yet announced a release date for new Star Wars movie. SW movies are traditionally released in May. And Disney already has the new Avengers movie for May 2015. Would Disney actually release their 2 mega-blockbuster movies in the same month?

I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars VII gets pushed back to summer 2016 which would make things very interesting.

9. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

Summer 2015 will be a turning point in Hollywood. So many blockbusters wannabees and not enough dollars for them all. There will more flops than expected. :eek: