Are you getting tired of Gordon Ramsay yet?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brent, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ 80% of the restaurants from Kitchen Nightmares eventually shut down.

The owners probably fall back on bad habits and it's hard enough to run a successful business if you're competent.

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Australia? Where you think eating a kangaroo's bollock with a can of fosters in your shorts is a dinner party?

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^He still thinks all the english cook are fish and chips and Bangers and mashed.

Mmmmm, Fish and chips.

5. gunslinger66

gunslinger66 Ensign Red Shirt

I just want to see him become a judge on "American Idol"! I might watch it then.:p

6. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ Can you imagine the number of people who would protest loudly that he didn't know what the f*** he was talking about? :)

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

So pretty much par for the course on American Idol

zing!

8. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I only started watching Kitchen Nightmares on BBCA. I haven't seen enough of him to be tired of him yet.

Wanna know what I am tired of? It's shows like this where the host goes to fix some situation the establishment owners got themselves into, and then the owners and everybody get pissy and bitchy at the person saving their dumb incompetent behinds from bankruptcy.

I can understand Gordon's assholery. What I don't get is people who know who and what he is, call him for help anyway, then act shocked he's what he is when he arrives. "Duh, he's mean and impersonal!" No shit. How long have his shows been on the air?

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Short answer No, but then again as I don't watch shows he's in I can't exactly be sick of him.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Come on.. it's the same with any other "reality" show.. the cast of the week gets chosen for drama potential. They don't chose the type who by mistake/inexperience gets into trouble, listens to everything pro chef Ramsay has to tell them about how to run a proper business and then do everything to get it done.

They choose the ignorant and arrogant idiots who get into shouting matches with Gordon, they bring them to explosion and after it they cool off and see that Ramsay knows better and vow to implement his changes. If they are not confrontational or interesting enough i believe it's not past these types of show to script events and goad the others to explode and make asses of themselves so Gordon has a foil.

You have to accept this style of show and enjoy the artificial drama.. personally i don't and so watch almost only his shows where he's by himself and he's doing his own thing (exploring other cuisines, just cooking and explaining why he does it that way etc.. pretty educational for a cooking amateur like me).

12. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

All true. I should have thought of that myself. Anyway, Ramsay himself I don't mind. I like watching him. He reminds me of Lenny Henry in Chef!

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I was tired of him from the first day he showed up on my tv.

14. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Only less funny and not nearly as clever with his abuse.

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

It's the directness I appreciate. Sometimes people who are f---ing up royally need to be told that in just those terms.

16. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have never seen him but my girlfriend(oops fiance) says I have to because she has gotten me into both John Taffer and Robert Irvine lately so she says I will like him.