Shazam movie coming, Dwayne Johnson confirmed as Black Adam

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Sep 3, 2014.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Man of Steel was all muted colors, angst, uncontrolled violence and (in the end) had a bigger body count than V for Vendetta, TMNT, or probably any of the non-Nolan batman movies. Superman as a character was nothing but grim (when he had any character at all).

They obviously believe the Nolan/Goyer style is the only style with their movies. Combined with how badly the comics destroyed the character (and removed every single bit of goodness and light hearted hero from the character while they were at it), I doubt they'll revert him for a movie. This is Dc, they don't do fun. WB has been using the same tone since Batman Begins, and that's almost certainly what they'll continue doing. These people made Superman kill, and that was after they removed all the hopeful and inspiring heroic parts of the character. "Shazam" will probably just be another addition to their library of grim "heroes". I want to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

At this pont, I'm still hopeful that Dc can make Batman v. Superman decent, because I think they can tone the Goyerness down now that he's not a big factor. But, there is always going to be a good amount fo grim and gritty with DC, its what has made them money. Its like how being complete garbage, but having big explosions, has made Transformers money. For "Shazam", any amount of grim and gritty basically guarantees that they're using the horrible comic version, which means its just going to be junk. I'll definitely see it because of the character, but this is going to need a miracle of biblical proportions to save it from being horrible.

:rolleyes:My favorite DC hero is getting a live action movie by the people that had Superman snap a dude's neck. I can have whatever opinion I want. This is basically THE superhero movie I've wanted for over a decade, but never believed would happen. Now, its coming out in the dark age of DC movies. I'm hoping it will be good, but I have more than enough evidence to be skeptical.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remind me how a ten year old homeless orphan became a TV Journalist newscaster?

I just found the Showcase, because I have no recollection of watching it before, so I'm either in for treat or a nutpunch.

Nutpunch = Nutsock

But nutsock can easily mean something else which is why I went for nutpunch.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm going with,"it's a comic book".

4. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Wondy and Black Adam on Fast 6
    [​IMG]

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Nope, Newline Cinema is doing this movie not WB. Very few if any of the same people are involved at all. Your pessimism is based on the usual jump to conclusions. At least read the articles about the movie first.

6. Guy Gardener

Oh! It was James Garner(As the Wizard in )!

I quite liked Capitan marvel in the animated version of Young Justice.

He was part of the Justice League, and then there was that World wit adults schism where there were two earths, one populated by the prepubescent and the populated by the other postpubescent (Maybe it was 18th birthday?), each thinking that they were on the real earth and that the others (The adults or children) had vanished.

Billy by saying the wizards name (This was a set presteige special books in Peter davids Young Justice Comics back in the 90s.) could dance between the worlds and helped sort everything out as he can switch back and forth from child to adult by saying his magic word.

So after the smoke clear, Superman calls the Justice league together to kick Captain marvel out of the Justice league for being way too young, and Superman says "Why didn't you ever think to tell any one?"

Billy replies "I told Batman."

I found this...

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akFaPnXKGdY[/yt]

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was supposed to be animation and video games.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So he's the complete opposite of Carol Danvers?:p

9. Guy Gardener

Just took a peek at Gary Frank's Sivana from last year.

Tall, strong and physically superior.

A different take.

In the movie do we want a muscle man or a cringing weasel?

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The same way a 35-year-old man who spent the last 15+ years of his life roaming around the world working on fishing boats and doing various "off the grid" jobs becomes one.

11. Guy Gardener

I assumed his superior Kryptonian brain can pwn all human computers, so he fabricated a complimentary backstory... But Superman doesn't lie?

Alright, I'm going to have a shower, put my jammies on and then turn on my tv and fall asleep watching Legends of the Superheroes.

My nightmares tonight are going to kick your nightmares arses.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a big fan of Carol Danvers, but Marvel Comic's various Captain Marvels have never been the legitimate Captain Marvel. It was just Marvel being petty and screwing DC. While I'm kind of glad it happened because it lead to Ms. Marvel and Genis-Vell (my favorite Marvel character called Captain Marvel, although Carol is higher up on my favorite Marvel hero list)), Billy Batson will always be the legitimate one. The first, and the best ;)

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Exactly what a guy with a secret identity wants you to think....

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That's not how you spell "Mar-Vell"

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Touche.