Dexter Renewed For 2 More Seasons

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Link

Good news. I know there will be a lot of whining, but this season has been one of the best in terms of character development.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Showtime says the show will probably end with S8.

And this is just what I've wanted to hear - there's a definite end date and a plan for getting there:

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't have a problem with continuing the show longer, but it IS starting to seem more and more ridiculous that Dexter hasn't been caught yet. Especially considering he works alongside so many smart detectives and cops every day,

I'm starting to think the original author had the right idea by having Debra find out the truth earlier. Having that extra person to help cover him would make the situation a bit more believable, I think. And it would make things a LOT more interesting between the TV versions of the characters as well.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

"Probably" on Showtime means that it could go on for years -- as long as they can afford Michael C. Hall and the ratings hold, I suspect.

Regardless, I stopped watching after the dismal fifth season and don't see any reason to come back now. Even if season eight is the final year, that means the endgame will be drawn out over two entire seasons. I'll catch it on DVD if it turns out that worked, but I doubt it will.

5. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The fifth season was dreadful, but the sixth has mostly been an improvement so far. I'll keep watching.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm not surprised. Of COURSE they aren't going to end their biggest show so quickly. Showtime willl milk it for as long as possible. :rommie:

The fifth season was pretty bad, and I heard the sixth is not much better.

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope it goes for a full 10 season's love the show love the books.

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Look at Weeds, the show got an 8th season, doesn't say it's the finale season and that's 5 seasons too long.

9. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My faith in Dexter is dwindling. The reveal that they have a plan for the current season and the two next seasons barely elevate any hopes I have for the show. What I've seen of Season 6 so far doesn't change my feelings for the show's future.

10. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh. Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, the 6th season wasn't planned as a final season and so there'd be big finale if the show was suddenly canceled. This show deserves the time to build up to a big finish. However, I am not sure that the show needs two more years. I was very happy, overall, with seasons 1-4 (season 4 being the peak.... absolutely amazing). Season 5 was just disappointing and went in the wrong direction, IMO. I haven't even seen any of season 6 and I am not sure how much I care about watching it. Perhaps having an end date will get the show back on track.

11. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have been content with a seventh and final season but eight...ugh.

12. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wish the show had just ended with Season 2 or Season 3 (I don't know about it ending with Season 4 because though it was fantastic with the Trinity Killer storyline, I wasn't a fan of the whole Angel/LaGuerta and Dexter/Rita melodrama, and the season ending was too heartbreaking for me.)

13. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think this show is past it's prime.
    They need to cast summer Glau that should finish the show off.

14. 46379.1

46379.1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I still like it and will probably watch it forever. The reason is there's always been some less good episodes in the middle of the season. But the last 3-4 episodes in the end of each season are always good and thrilling.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's still doing really well for Showtime so it's renewal is no surprise. I bet Deb finds out about Dexter in season 8. It seems like that's something they're going to save for the final season.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They are going to milk this cow until it is dead. Then they are going to milk the dead cow. :rommie:

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

'Dexter' could continue beyond season eight, says Showtime boss

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s6...e-beyond-season-eight-says-showtime-boss.html

This show is going to be around for a while, folks... ;)

18. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Showtime. Ugh. They never found a television series they couldn't run into the ground.

Not that the writers shouldn't be blamed for the series' declining quality (and it hasn't helped that the showrunner has changed four times in six seasons), but Showtime keeps renewing the damned thing.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

And enough people keep watching it so they make money otherwise they'd end it.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I think the latest season was actually the highest rated year of the show ever.

There's no accounting for taste...