Intro DS9 Episodes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by The_Beef, Jul 20, 2013.

1. The_Beef

The_Beef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have a friend who's currently working his way through TNG and loves it, but I found out the other day that due to his ADD and generally impatient nature, he's been skipping episodes based solely off the Netflix episode description. Now, there are TNG episodes that are probably worth skipping, but it really frustrates me that he might be missing good ones.

On top of that, I told him that he really should watch DS9 next. He was shocked that I thought DS9 was by far the better series, for some reason he had been under the impression that it was pretty terrible (he's a geek, but he's never really plunged into Trek). The thing is I'm certain he'll skip the first season, just like he did TNG, and I'm not really sure where to tell him to start. My instinct is to say Season 3, but I want to recommend some earlier episodes so he knows whats going on.

I was going to prepare a list, but honestly I'm at a loss on the first two seasons (except for Emissary and If Wishes Were Horses). I want to introduce him to all the characters and hook him strongly enough that he'll go straight into Season 3, or maybe even finish up Season 2. Any ideas?

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Just make sure he watches "Duet".

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. The_Beef

The_Beef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Excellent! Thanks dub, just what I needed.