Things you liked about voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by KaraBear, Aug 19, 2013.

1. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

There's always a lot of criticism and negative comments about Voyager. how about a positive thread? Were there any aspects that you liked about it? An episode, a character, a plot point....

for me one of the biggest things I liked about Voyager was the characters. They weren't cookie cutter starfleet officers like on TNG and DS9. They were people who had some kind of issue in their past, they were flawed, they were more like real people.

And the design of the ship itself. I always thought that Voyager herself was sleek and beautiful

2. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

There's always a lot of criticism HERE at the TrekBBS. In the real world, people like Voyager; pay a visit to startrek.com or get Trek feed on Facebook. The TrekBBS was founded by Niners and is still heavy on the Niners, a lot of whom eschew Voyager. Indeed a lot of them eschew all other trek than DS-9. This was borne out some years ago in an independent poll by a marketing student here. About sixty percent of the respondents at that time had DS-9 as their favorite Trek, and about 40% of that group liked no other Trek.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I would say Robert Picardo as the EMH.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yes other sites might have people that favour VOY but then your argument to paraphrase it would be that in the Real World people like DSN, pay a visit to trekbbs.com etc..

5. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Phage, Seska, Species 8742. On paper, Chakotay and Tuvok. R B-D.

6. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I actually am a member of startrek.com and I have the startrek feed on facebook. I know what you mean. I've found that the message board opinions are often different than "real life" opinions...at least the ones I've encountered at conventions

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

It also depends on which conventions you attend. I've been to general, ST, Stargate ones etc.. and When ST does come up DSN does generally win out over VOY. But as with anything else it comes down to personal taste.

8. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I always thought that VOY had the best opening of any Trek, both in music and visuals.

9. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked that they were away from the rest of starfleet and the federation, it was a very interesting theme, also had some great characters like the EMH.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well I have to agree it was nice visually and the title music wasn't to bad. Not sure if it's my favourtie though. In terms of visuals I might give that to ENT.

11. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Captain Kathryn Janeway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfZJnnyIt0

Warts and all.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocfZJnnyIt0[/yt]

Other Captains have threatened to blow up their ship.

She's the only one with the balls to do it... WHILE she was still on board.

"Welcome to the bridge."

12. Bad Thoughts

I must misremember Search for Spock and First Contact.

13. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Well lets see, Janeway did blow up her ship while she was still on it. Kirk blew up his ship but he wasn't on it, and Picard might have been willing but he didn't have to. So yes she was the only one that actually did, and she did it twice. "Deadlock" and "Year of Hell"

14. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

yeah, in my experience TNG is always the favorite, and TOS. DS9 and Voyager are usually about the same

15. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

Picard did ram his ship into another one, but never actually blew it up

16. Bad Thoughts

17. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This! Absolutely breathtaking. I also liked the idea of the show itself. I will keep it positive and leave it there. Plus, I still can't make a totally fair judgment since I'm still crawling through my first ever re-watch, and my first ever watch without skipping episodes. Also, full disclosure: I'm a Niner, but I've only been a Niner for less than a year. Perhaps I'm the worst kind! :lol:

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

But she doesn't know for certain whether ramming the Krenim timeship will work, it's just a theory. And even if it does work, that particular Janeway's going to be killed anyway and miss out on the benefits of a reset.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Agreed.

In addition, you had the EMH and Seven of Nine. Both great characters who spiced up any episode they were in.

20. Bad Thoughts

True. However, it affects how risky her decisions really are, particularly given the fact that in the ST universe, resets almost always work.