What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got so many games on the go, it's madness.

I feel I'm nearly done Arkham City. Only have 140 Riddler trophies and haven't completed many side missions, but I'm at a point in the game where it won't let me wander off and do those.

Going to log some time playing U3 tonight, I hope.

Zelda in a week. YESSS!

2. Sterculius

Sterculius Ensign Newbie

Currently working my way through Professor Layton and the Last Specter.

3. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got Modern Warfare 3 and am working my way through that.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Working through Batman: Arkham City, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (multiplayer with my mom), and I just downloaded and played DCUniverse Online for my PS3 for the first time.

5. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Blocks that Matter.

I've been playing quite a lot of indie games recently, and I have to say I am impressed with the quality.

6. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Still playing Gear of War 3...

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I played some Battlefield 3 today.

8. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I've spent more time playing Indie games in the past few years than I have professional games. The level of quality you can get for $5 - $10 (and sometimes free) is simply incredible.

Anyway, Blocks That Matter looks fantastic. I'll be picking that up for sure.

9. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Good choice. It also comes with its own level editor and the community have already created a plethora of additional levels.

Anyways, I was searching the Steam store yesterday to see if anything would take my fancy, and I came across this little gem... Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. How I've gone so long without playing it or even being aware of the series I don't know. I'm completey hooked.

It seems Skyrim seems to be all the gossip in the Elder Scrolls series currently. I'll be adding that to my Christmas list.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just finished what is probably my last ever playthrough of Mass Effect! I say last because it's my third run at a level 60 character, so I swear I know that entire game verbatim by now.

For anyone who's never done it, getting to Lv60 requires at least two (sometimes three!) consecutive playthroughs. My first attempt (about a year ago) was a bust having only got to Lv58 after two complete attempts, I couldn't be arsed to try again for a third. Recently though, I discovered that the secret to doing it in two was surprisingly simple: don't kill anything with the Mako. You get a *massive* XP boost for killing enemies on foot (especially thresher maws, heavy turrets & geth armatures/colossi) and by the end of the first playthrough (doing every side mission, opening every container etc.) I'd gotten all the way up to Lv57. The second playthrough was a breeze and I hit Lv60 before Virmire.

I should add that playing Mass Effect at Lv60 changes the experience dramatically. Since by this point there's no more xp to get, your equipment is all top notch and your credit and omnigel are both maxed there's no need to bother opening crates, or even stopping to kill everything. The Mako runs on both Virmire & Ilos are especially hilarious as I was just speeding on through, taking only pot shots at geth troopers and running over any armatures before speeding off round the next corner! ;)

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The only time I tried doing that, I ended the second game at Level 59. :scream:

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, same here more or less. Like I said though, if you get out of the Mako rather than use it's big guns it becomes so much easier! Wearing down larger targets with the Mako's cannons before finishing it off on foot works too, but be careful not to vaporise any nearby weaker enemies.

Incidentally, what would you think the most dangerous enemies are on foot? Thresher Maws? Geth Colossus? Nope, you can easily strafe around those so long as you don't get too close. Rachni brood warriors: those guys are a bloody nightmare. Hence my decision to play as an infiltrator on this last playthough so I could snipe them from a nice safe distance. Plus an HMWSR X sniper rifle modded with a pair of scram rails and loaded with explosive rounds helps too! :D

13. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just starting another run through of Mass Effect 2. Seeing if I can really screw things up (but keep Shep alive for ME3)

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

SKYRIM

Somehow I can't bring myself to type it without holding down caps.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm actually considering importing my new Lv60 character with intent to get the "Out in a Blaze of Glory" ending. I know they've said those saves won't import to ME3, but it'll be interesting to see and I have a sneaking suspicion they might prepare a funny little something for those that try. ;)

Actually, I wonder if it'll be possible to have only a disloyal Zaeed survive so Shep can live but then go and leave him to die on his loyalty mission afterwards...hmm.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just finished Battlefield 3 single player and despite a bright start it really begins to drag down after the plane level, which just looks fucking amazing. However towards the end of the story it recovers really well and has a 24 feel to it and reminds me a little of the SAS stuff in COD 4.

Just a pity the middle bits let the game down + bugs/glitches like the game randomly killing you despite not being attacked or failing to make the QTE prompts even appear.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Both Halo: Anniversary and Modern Warfare 3 arrived today. And I'm only 15 hours into Skyrim so far... good God, why? Why? I'm just one man, JUST ONE MAN :scream:

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the one thing I hate about this time of year, too many good games come out all at once.

19. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the past two weeks, I've played Batman: Arkham City, beat the game, side missions, got all the Riddler trophies and I've played through Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. I also sampled Skyrim, which I plan to play as soon as I get done with Assassin's Creed: Revelations, which I'm already 20% through and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Someone really has it in for me, releasing all these damn games at the same time :(

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[​IMG]

Still having trouble to decide, so I'm switching between the three of them constantly.