House: 5x04 "Birthmarks" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Oct 14, 2008.

?

Grade episode.

1. Excellent

68.8%
  2. Good

25.0%
  3. Above Average

6.3%
  4. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I don't fully understand the Buddah.

There was a magnet in it that... somehow made it heavier the second time someone picked it up. And that magnet somehow effected the pins in her head?

If I understand/remember my physics correctly magnets get weaker exponentially from their surface. They shouldn't of had any effect on pins inside of her skull from a couple feet away.

2. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

This sounds like a great episode! I had to tape it as the Canadian election results were on last night. I look foward to watching it tonight!

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Glad I could help.

Unfortunately I'll miss it. I have to moderate a local candidate debate.

4. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

This was the best House in a while. I was however, disappointed when House's moment of vulnerability at the funeral turned out just to be another shenanigan. The sarcasm and cynicism needs to go away from time to time.

Oh, and I hope the significant inclusion of Chase and Cameron in this episode continues. They are main cast characters FFS, they shouldnt be relegated to 1 line per episode or less.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I thought that there was some bit of truth to it, but I think that the ending was more powerful. I think the funeral got the ball rolling.

6. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a friend who was pissed off that the medical story didn't get more play due to it's subject matter

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Excellent episode and easily the best of the season thus far. A wonderful and believable ending to the Wilson/House riff and bringing them back together as we all knew would happen. I was a bit surprised by the revelation about House's father, but I liked how the episode made it clear that genetics isn't everything (which it successfully did on several levels). I also loved finally learning how House and Wilson met and just how ridiculous that meeting was (and really, it wouldn't be any other way).

I wasn't all that interested in the Patient of the Week until the very end. What a cruel and terrible situation. Pins shoved into her brain when she was newborn. *shudder*

I couldn't tell, but was that R. Lee Ermey in the coffin or just a body double lookalike?

8. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was funny. And Wilson's is "Dancing Queen"!:guffaw:

I love that some phones have the option for different ringtones for different people. My cousin has "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" on her phone for whenever her stepmother calls. No need to tell you what their relationship is like...

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Having read the thread, I see someone confirmed that it was indeed him. I wasn't sure and my computer had crashed the night before so I couldn't look for a recent photo of him. Very nice touch. :cool:

Also, I forgot to mention that I loved seeing Chase and Cameron being part of the differential this week. It reminded me that while I enjoy the new team (particularly Taub), I miss the old trio.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Same. I felt it was a bit genuine too.