Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Nov 7, 2013.

1. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - May 2014

I'm at Lon Con 3, the World Science Fiction Convention in London this weekend, on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th August.

As well as a bunch of panels, I'm doing a "Kaffeeklatsch" between 3:00pm - 4:00pm at London Suite 4 on Friday, and a signing on Saturday between 1:30pm - 3:00pm in the Autographing Space area.

2. James Swallow

For folks coming along to the Destination Star Trek 3 event in October in London, I am now confirmed as doing a Q&A and a signing on the Saturday; I should also be joined my m'colleague Una McCormack as well (pending her final confirmation).

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - October 2014

An upcoming appearance at a local library:

"Magic, Space and Swords"
    October 14, 6:30-9:30 PM.
    Elkton Central Library
    301 Newark Avenue
    Elkton, MD 21921

5. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

If you’ll be attending New York Comic Con this year, you won’t want to miss the first day — because that’s when I and Kevin Dilmore will be signing at the Simon & Schuster table in Booth #1828!

We’ll be there on Thursday, October 9, from 3PM–4PM, to sell you copies of Star Trek: Seekers #1 by yours truly, and Star Trek: Seekers #2, by Kevin Dilmore and Dayton Ward. Kevin will have adhesive bookplates signed in advance by Dayton, so if you haven’t yet picked up signed copies of the Seekers novels, this will be your best chance to snag both at once.

Also scheduled to go on sale exclusively at New York Comic Con will be a limited supply of advance copies of my new novel Section 31: Disavowed. If that doesn’t get your Trek-motor revved up, I don’t know what will.

See you on the con floor, folks!

6. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Great David ! And I come to New York on 13th !!!! Life is just no fair !

7. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

I will also be at NYCC. I'll have a booth in the small press area (#1157), sharing with my friend Megan Rothrock, author of The LEGO Adventure Book series, and I'll also be doing a panel on Friday at 5pm looking back on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, alongside Amber Benson, John Scalzi, Rachel Caine, and some others I'm forgetting offhand. I'll also be signing my Sleepy Hollow novel at Random House's booth at 6.30 on Friday after the panel.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

This is the first ever NYCC I won't be attending. I'd been hoping to attend a Cincinnati book fair on the same weekend, but at this point it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. So I'll probably just be nowhere in particular that weekend...

9. James Swallow

Just a reminder that Una McCormack and I will be at Destination Star Trek 3 this coming Saturday - we'll be appearing on the "Simon & Schuster Author Q&A Panel" on the Excelsior stage from 2:45pm to 3:30pm.

We'll be talking about our work on The Fall miniseries and our upcoming Star Trek projects - and then immediately afterward we'll be signing books at the Simon & Schuster stand in the sales area... Come along and say hello!

10. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space

I will be there! :) And looking forward to it! :D

11. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - April & May 2014

This thread makes me a bit envious. Living in San Francisco I get more than my share of authors readings/signings, just no Star Trek authors. The only one I've seen is KRAD when Boom Comics brought him to Wondercon, back when that was still held in SF.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm in a similar situation here in AZ. The only Trek author I've heard about being out here was (I think) Jeff Marriote at Phoenix Comic-Con the last couple years.

13. KRAD

An update on my New York Comic-Con schedule:

Friday at 5pm, I'll be on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer panel in 1A18 with Amber Benson, Thomas Sniegoski, Carol Goodman, Michelle Knudsen, Hillary Monahan, and May Chen. The panelists will be doing an autographing following the panel at Table 19 from 6-7pm.

The rest of the time I'll be at Booth 1157 in the small press area. I'm sharing the booth with Megan Rothrock, author of The LEGO Adventure Book series. Megan will be selling and signing LAB Volumes 1 & 2, and I'll be selling and signing my books (here's a full list of the books we'll have available).

Also Megan will be doing LEGO builds throughout the weekend, and on Friday and Sunday we'll be joined by Thoroughly Modern Lilly, who'll be doing balloon twisting.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I was on a panel with Amber Benson a couple NYCCs ago. She was really nice. Say hi for me.

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Reminder:

I'll be speaking at the Cecil County Public Library in Elkton, Maryland tomorrow, Tuesday, October 14, at 6:30 pm.

Swing by if you're in the neighborhood!

16. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Quick note to say I've added a link to John Jackson Miller's website for his November signings. :techman:

17. JJMiller

JJMiller Writer Red Shirt

Thanks! I have no physical Trek books to sign as yet, but I'll be talking about TAKEDOWN before the signings and in panels:

Tuesday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m.: Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Lexington, KY
    Wednesday, Nov. 12, 7 p.m.: Barnes and Noble in Knoxville, TN
    Nov. 14-16: Atomacon in N. Charleston, South Carolina.
    Nov. 21-23: Memphis Comic and Fantasy Con

18. KRAD

A reminder that this coming weekend (the 13th, 14th & 15th of February) is Farpoint 2015 in Timonium, Maryland. The headline guests are Tim "Tuvok" Russ and Colin "Sheriff Carter" Ferguson, as well as Star Wars novelist Timothy Zahn, but there are plenty of Treklit guests as well:

Rigel Ailur, Joseph Berenato, Peter David, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Michael Jan Friedman, Dave Galanter, Allyn Gibson, Robert Greenberger, Glenn Hauman, Robert T. Jeschonek, David Mack, Marc Okrand, Aaron Rosenberg, Howard Weinstein, Richard C. White, and Steven H. Wilson.

Here's my schedule. Hope to see folks there!

Edited to add: And here's David Mack's schedule. Cha cha cha....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  19. KRAD

20. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - Feb and April 2015

I've updated the main post with Farpoint 2015 - hope it goes well for everyone :techman: