The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to Blastr, a British newspaper called The Surrey Comet has revealed that an 8 year old actress named Leilah De Meza was offered the role of
    Young Talia al Ghul. The articles goes on to say that her parents turned it down when they found out she would have to shave her head. It also says that a 12 year old actress named Joey King is playing an unknown role, which they guess might be the Young Talia role which was offered the De Meza.

3. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Well, that might explain the persistant rumor that Liam Neeson is in the movie.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They said the same thing at blastr.
    I'm wondering if maybe we'll get flashbacks to different points in her life. That would be a good explanation as to why we also had the young Ra's Al Ghul stories a while back.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

If this is true, then is
    Marion Cotillard a liar? People have been speculating for the longest time that her character is actually Talia, and Miranda Tate is just a cover name. She's been denying it though. It would certainly fit, especially with Liam Neeson returning.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmmm, not sure. Maybe there's some kind of loophole that she's using so she's not lying?

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not a liar...misdirecting us for the sake of preserving a plot secret maybe. Remember as we've discussed before this has happened in "Batman Begins" with Ken Wannatabe and Liam Neeson. Can't remember how the two of them handled the press questions about their characters but I think the twist regarding their secret was contained well until the movie's premiered. Unless you were one who read the leaked script you probably wouldn't have known about it until you saw the movie.

It's also very possible that Marion didn't know about her character until she started to film her part. I remember when she was first cast that the question regarding Talia came up on a red carpet event before filming started and she first said no. So this could have changed during production. It's not really a big deal if they're trying to preserve a plot twist.

8. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Nolan talks Bane and the 8 year jump here http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85075

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm sure we'll hear from Jackson Archer at some point tonight or tomorrow. He's seeing the prologue. :)

Infiltration, theatrics and deception are traits we know the League of Shadows know very well indeed. I should note as well that Talia was in Denny O'Neil's novelization of "Batman Begins". Ra's writes to her about Bruce while she's studying in Paris I believe.

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

That is one of the nuttiest things I've ever seen. What the hell was he thinking trying to pick a fight (or so it seems) while dressed in the outfit? Unless you know for certain you can lay someone out with ease then you shouldn't be antagonizing anyone. And dressed in costume it's going to be doubly embarrassing if you get your ass handed to you like this guy does.

15. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Tell that to Bruce Wayne. ;)

16. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

He didn't have time to prepare.

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Spoilers at the link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...impressive-stunt-and-an-enormous-problem.html

18. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I'm thinking Hardy will have to spend some time in the ADR booth.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

At least it might stop people complaining about Bale's Batman voice!

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

And he still hasn't learned to mind his surroundings.