‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah my only small complaint about the trailer is that Superman doesn't exactly come across as the warmest or most likeable guy ever. Lol

Of course I realize it's just a trailer and we're likely to see his side of things a lot clearer in the actual movie.

2. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Looks like Snyder's got another amazing movie on the way.

3. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

YEEEEAAAAAH!!!!! Marvel can keep their borderline sitcoms, this is what I'm talking about!

And Wonder Woman looks awesome! Even more stoked than I was before!

4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Snyder has a lot of faults as a director, but he has a unique visual style and that alone sets his films apart from the other comic films.

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Grit!

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eisenberg's Luthor is a wild card for me right now. He's the one element that seems a bit out of place in that trailer.

7. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Among other images shown today, one seemed to show Wonder Woman on a World War I battlefield.

8. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

I thought he came across just fine. I liked that they showed, like, three rescue scenes (flood, fire and rocket) so they got that message.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was my thought, too, but I'll take it a step further. After the new trailer, this is my greatest concern for the film. Prior to the new trailer, my biggest worry was Aquaman, but I don't believe we even saw him in this trailer. If we did, we have to mine the frames to spot him, yes?

10. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

That trailer looked as humorless as ever. That's probably why Lex Luthor stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm just not feeling this movie although I've never been a DC fan.

Wonder Woman looks great though.

11. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Lex doesn't seem like a formidable threat just yet, I'll admit, but you can see a bit of megalomania and of course this is just a trailer so he has time to deliver.

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

It looks like Bruce was in Metropolis when Superman fought Zod. It would explain why he is out to get him.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if that was the case. Some of the complaints about Man of Steel was lack of consequence in the final showdown so maybe SvB is going to make up for that.

14. Titus Andronicus

Titus Andronicus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am definitely looking forward to this movie. March 2016 cannot get here soon enough!

15. Bad Bishop

At the panel, Snyder said that Metropolis and Gotham are very close to each other, sort of like San Francisco and Oakland. Separated by a bay. One city gleams. The other, a place for the downtrodden. Not clear whether the Superman-Zod fight spilled over into Gotham and killed people there too.

16. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Surely that is heat vision we see destroying the Wayne corp building he races towards?

17. Bad Bishop

I believe so. We just don't know If Wayne has a Metropolis building.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure that was in Metropolis.
    Ok, the first trailer didn't really do anything for me, but this trailer was awesome. We even got to see Wonder Woman, and she looks great! Pretty much any worries I had about this one are almost gone now.

19. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Great trailer.

There were several Wayne Enterprises easter eggs during the fight between Supes and Zod. On the buildings and on computer monitors in the background.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The trailer looked like the film is certainly going to be interesting. Unfortunately though the only thing more impressive than the visuals is just how much the film-makers don't seem to get the very *basic* concepts surrounding these characters.

In the first movie they had Pa Kent telling Clark it's OK to let people die to protect himself and now they have Ma Kent saying "you don't owe this world anything." Wow.
    I could let the whole "Batman is a vicious thug" thing slide because they seem to be going with a Miller TDKR spin, but there's no way the Kents should be portrayed as preaching cynicism and entitlement. What ever take you might have on the exact characterization of Supes, the Kents and the way they raised him should always be the moral core.

Unless you're going for an extremely radical re-interpretation of the character ala 'Red Son', then you should at least get the basics right.

I'm actually kind of sad that they're making the first movie *ever* where Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman share the screen...and it looks so oppressively dreary.