Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

So happy the show got renewed! But really hoping it doesn't get sent to Friday night. I know Blue Bloods has done okay there, but meh, Friday night is just not a great night for TV. I feel like if it gets sent there, CBS is probably indicating this will be the show's last year.

2. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

All of these remind me of the old radio shows which would mention a product during a the course of an episode (e.g. 'Good thing I paid my Verizon bill this month-I need to make a call to alert the Crimson Lobster now!')

3. Shaka Zulu

This sounds a lot like the old Sunday morning graveyard slot that CBS and ABC consigned their cartoons to back in the 1970's when said cartoons didn't do well or were about to be wrapped up.

4. Top41

Did anyone else catch last night's episode? It was a nice change of pace, though I missed the carguments. ;) But it was cool to see the mission that led up to the pilot, and to get some backstory on McGarrett's time in the Navy. Too bad they couldn't get Norman Reedus back!

5. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

North Korea, again. It is getting hard to believe that McGarrett has went across the most militarized border in the world three times already. I was never stationed in Korea but are there little hick border villages on the DMZ?

6. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Michelle Borth as Catherine is the reason I watch.shes freaking Hot. :drool:

7. Top41

Yeah, it is getting to be a bit much! I expected Danno to throw a fit when he found out Steve was going back in to get his friend's body. I'm surprised Kono was the only one to say anything.

On another topic, check this out! Steve and Danno won best bromance in a TV Guide fan poll. Awwwwww! :adore: :adore: :adore:

8. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

true I'm drunk on most fridays :techman:

9. Top41

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm usually out on Fridays--I feel like a lot of people are. Or if they're home, they're not watching TV. I like to watch Hawaii 5-0 live, but I'm not going to stay home every Friday to do that.

10. Shaka Zulu

I'm home every Friday night, for very old personal reasons; also, due to a certain condition, I'm not a sociable person. So, I don't have problem watching TV on Friday nights (some Fridays, I'll go to a movie.)

11. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had forgotten that Walking Dead's Norman Reedus was one of the Hesse bros.

12. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Original Hawaii 5-O was the best. I have watched the show and it does not appeal to me.

13. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me, too! I was shouting, "Daryl!" at the screen!

While it was a nice change of pace, I did miss the Danny/Steve interactions. I haven't been paying attention to news about the show, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Joe was back. I wasn't a big fan of his subplot last season, but I would definitely enjoy seeing him pop-up now and again. I also really liked seeing Steve push his friend to stay in the SEALS.

I really also missed Kamekona and Max. Those two are great additions to the show.

14. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

When seeing Joe in Naval uniform I thought he was bit lowly ranked for some-one of his age but I heard correctly in the when McGarrett was in training he was addressed as Chief.

Now if the was Chief as in a senior NCO Joe would have been some-one who rose right through from the NCO ranks and eventually getting a commission.

15. Star Wolf

I caught that also. He would have been an old man at the time as the dated McGarrett's SEAL traing as just before 9/11. I remember my First Sergeant held a reserve commission. Perhaps Lt Cmdr Joe did also and when wartime came so did his officer's stripes.

16. Top41

Last night's episode was fun! A little frustrating when they broke up the action to go to the talk show host, but I love Aisha Tyler so I didn't mind too much. And she asked the best questions, like why McGarrett always drives Danno's car! :lol: He really is such a control freak with Danno... loved their conversation about how Danno never even gets to pick where they go to eat. :lol:

I also loved Max and Catherine's reactions... Max was so loving the spotlight/meeting a celeb while Catherine was endearingly awkward. I wish the show didn't feel the need to highlight with every episode that she's Steve's girlfriend... she's more than that, and I like the episodes that kind of showcase that (like when she and the CIA guy went after Mangosta).

17. Star Wolf

For me it was Kamekona spoofing the product placements with his product placement. And the host giving the fan commentary on the cargument.

The episode hit on just about every hit. Gee when Fong did not find anything from the shotgun pellets after his CSI speach.

18. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

This episode was tons of fun, and it's a credit to the writers and cast that they managed to make the tired old "someone is shooting a documentary/TV special" episode feel fresh; certainly better than similar attempts done this season on Castle and Bones.

I can't wait to see what they're going to get out of Wo Fat -- I still want to know why Doris let him go last fall!

19. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

if it is Wo Fat - after all there could have been some-one else in the chopper - we just saw Wo Fat on the left but nothing of however might have been on the left.

20. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What episode number was that?
    I got home and all I saw was Wo-Fat crawling on the ground like a burnt Anikin Skywalker.
    (At least I think it was Wo-Fat)