Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Malformed

Malformed Lieutenant Red Shirt

OKay, I'm a total ponce who was suckered in by the new packaging, but I swear this version has a better head sculpt. More Tennanty!

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

So i'm looking for a Cybermen figure or Dalek figure for 5 inch figure fun

Since the main line won't do 5 inch anymore does anyone suggest

"A Good Man goes to War cyberman?"

Or Eccleston/Tennant Dalek?

[​IMG]

3. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you're in the U.S., I'd recommend Who North America. Actually, I think Keith and Jany will ship to other countries; just be prepared for the extra cost.

Here's a direct link to every 5.5 inch (1/13th scale) figure they currently have in stock.

http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=W&Category_Code=cotoys

Ironically, it appears 1980s Cybermen are the ones most in stock. The only Tennant era Cybie avilable is the "battle damaged" SDCC exclusive, a figure with a leg and an arm "blasted" to shreds. I would have uggested the recently re-released "Doomsday" set that had a 10th Doc', Dalek Sec with his black casing and a Cybus Industries Cyberman, but it sold out a few days ago.

But keep a close watch as they do get restocks on occasion. And visit the site's forums. There's a section for personal sales and trades. You might request a Tennant era Cyberman there.

Sincerely,

Bill

4. Samurai8472

The main reason I was gunning for a "good man goes to war" cybermen was because it had the newer more improved articulation with ball jointed arms

Thanks for the alternate suggestions!

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, I wasn't aware of that! Obviously, you're better versed on the figures than I am. I've been buying them since Character Options released the initial "Dalek Battle Pack", but I'm still learning things.

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

one of the comments I saw

"Uh, why does the Clara figurine have MOFFAT'S FACE?"

The description read - "New for 2014! Unveiled at Toy Fair in London today, meet the new 3.75" scale figures from Character Options - including the Twelfth Doctor regeneration figure ("Kidneys!")."

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

That Capaldi figure actually looks pretty decent in that pic. Of course in person I'm sure the final production figure will look as cheap and atrocious as all the rest, with no detail and badly painted eyes.

Looks like if any of us want a 5" Capaldi, we'll have to resort to making it custom. :(

8. Samurai8472

^Seriously what the heck happened that we got Nicholas cage as the 11th doctor in 3.75 inches?

Also when did the eleventh doctor in tweed ever wear a waist coat?

Big mistake

The prototype 11th doctor 3.75 looked great!

[​IMG]

The final product? Not so much

9. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Also spotted at the Toy Fair, Amy and 10 (or 11... whatever ;)) in the same 3.75" scale:

[​IMG]

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait - why does the figure of Twelve have that cocked eyebrow? Is that a Capaldi thing? I don't see him do that in any pictures of him I've seen.

Mark

11. davejames

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, possibly. I'm not a huge fan of that picture though. I an barely recognize him as Capaldi for some reason.

Mark

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, he looks a bit like Dame Maggie that pic (Not only kinda feminine looking, but, also, makes him look older than he generally does)

14. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those actually look pretty decent without the godawful joints in the elbows & knees and other seams (prototypes, I'd imagine). And why is Tennant's coat beige?? I like the wardrobe on Amy, and the distressing on the Dalek is cool -- is that a Time War Dalek?

15. davejames

Yeah they just can't seem to get the color of his coat right for some reason. The coat on the 5" figure I have is way too dark brown, and this one is way too light.

16. Chris3123

Presumably. The previously revealed figures were all part of a 50th/Christmas themed line, so I presume those may be part of the next wave. Speaking of, here's another product revealed at the toy fair:

[​IMG]

And here's the next wave of the Character Building figures, featuring both Capaldi and Hurt:

[​IMG]

17. davejames

I don't think John Hurt has ever looked so adorable. Lol

18. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well Day of the Doctor was maybe the first time Hurt ever got to grin, pure happy, that I can recall! (No, Caligula grinning at an execution doesn't count!)

19. Chris3123

20. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral