Party ideas

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by SkySolo, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SkySolo

SkySolo Cadet Newbie

I’m throwing a party at my house next weekend. Sort of like a convention. A lot of my friends from my Thursday D&D meeting are coming, and they are bringing other friends. Costumes are mandatory. There’s going to be three TV’s set up with the movies and TV serieses set up in the background. I plan on passing out laser guns. I downloaded some songs William Shatner did in the sixties for people to dance to. I loked for karyokie but his stuff wasn’t that popular. What kind of food do you think would go with this party? My mom is a makeup artist and she is bringin over some food coloring. Scripts will be read by whoever is dressed as what and in traditional Trek fashion, we will be playing “Spin the Spock Ear”. I think I have everything covered to make this an extremely fun afternoon. Does anyone else have suggestions to make this a stellar gathering?

2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is a Star Trek cookbook. I forget the exact title. It has some ideas for Trek-themed food.

Depending on the age of the guests, I'd be looking for some other activities, such as Star Trek trivia games. A gameshow-type format often works well to keep things festive and interesting. Be sure to take pictures and share them here. It sounds like fun.