Doctor Mora's influence on Odo.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by _C_, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Codo123455199652

Codo123455199652 Ensign Red Shirt

2. Codo123455199652

Which I'm not saying we should not forget but I'm saying don't let people walk all over us like we're the walking carpet and that we're a pushover cuz we should never be pushovers to wear we just lay down there and take it!!!! I don't feel we should have to especially when people like Odo and me were treated unfairly during our childhood!! Just saying!!

3. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Dr. Mora was far from the perfect parent, even he agreed with that. But I'm thinking about the help humans get when they're raising children: advice and help from relatives, a pediatrician, teachers, help books. Dr. Mora had to completely make it up on his own. When the baby changeling turned up, maybe the best thing to do would have been to bring it to the Great Link, where they presumably know how to raise their young. If they could figure out how to deliver it without getting themselves or the baby shot.

4. Codo123455199652

It's awful sad though that people like Odo have to start screaming to get people to understand that we want to be left alone and stop being poked and make fun of but other adults that tease and ridiculous because we are different from the rest of the family!! Just saying!! I am a 49 year old woman with disabilities I was the slower one of the family and everybody made fun of me because of it! And yes believe me I know where Odo came from and how he felt because he was different from everybody else just like I was different and still am different from the rest of my family which now I'm not very close to you anymore because they showed their true colors around me.. and when a parent goes into a 48-year-old woman's apartment it starts ransacking her place and stealing from her she's got a problem and if she ever does it again she's going to jail cuz I will be pressing charges against her if she does it again.. just saying.

5. Codo123455199652

That's why Odo walked out on Dr Mora because more I thought his crap didn't stink and yes it did he was no villain but he was hard on Odo just like my parents were hard on me because I had a learning disability and I couldn't help it but I was made fun of it ridiculed because of it.

6. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Your parents still feel free to enter your apartment without you there when you're 48? Wow. Reading what you posted was thinking maybe it was when you were 19 or something. Do they have a key? If so, you might change your locks as well as telling her you'd press charges. Good luck with all this.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Welcome to the TrekBBS @Codo123455199652.

You may not have noticed, but this thread has been dormant for the past 10 years. The last post before yours was in May of 2013. As a rule we ask that members not revive threads which have been inactive for more than a year. If it's a subject that interests you then feel free to create a new thread of your own and link back to any pertinent information in the old thread.

Normally I would close a thread that's been resurrected after such a long time, but since other members have re-engaged in the topic I'll leave it open for now.

Cheers. :beer: