Continuum the new tv series!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snick27, May 14, 2012.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone think Brad comes from a timeline where Kellogg and not Alec is the big cheese?

Also, Ryan Robbins gets to do more in one episode of Continuum than in all his time on Falling Skies.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Falling Skies is a placebo.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

God, I need to turn on closed caption to get most of Brad's dialog in that episode.

4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that became clear to me when he said he recognized Kellogg and then said "Alec who?"

So they have to stop Kellogg from ruining Keira's future?!

Or are the Timecops from Kellogg's bright future?

Stephen Lobo does a great job with his character...

5. Guy Gardener

Actually no.

They probably will though, because most shows are as inconsistent as they need to be, to get the job done.

The time line that crumbled into the sea earlier this season because it didn't have an Alec Saddler in it proved that the human architect in charge of building the future is beyond important.

If Kellog is now the Architect beyond importance of this new Timelines future history, then derailing him in any way, swapping him out with Alec even, will lead to this universe too falling into the sea.

Oh!

Oh!

More than one Curtis, means that Curtis is also from many timelines. Occamly, we're assuming that the most recent new timeline in play is the one created by Alec saving Emily, so the older Curtis Alternate is from an older deeper more buried time line in the layercake of timelines.

(Hey, I just said Layercake because the actual correct word in this context "continuum" briefly escaped my notice.)

Kellog was supposed to be in charge and Alec stole the world from him. Sure maybe Kellog stole it from someone else first, maybe even Alec, but we can't go back to the beginning to find out which timeline was first unless they invent better timetravel technology for season 4.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  6. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I really don't know why they're keeping the whole "Keira will return to her son" storyline. It's beyond obvious that there's no way that's going to happen with the way the story developed.

Originally, with old Sadler having a knowing smile when he sent Keira back, they suggested it was a huge predestination paradox sort of story. But the moment they killed one of Kellog's ancestors (or was it someone else's?) and they didn't instantly blink out of reality, it just couldn't be. Doubly so now that we know future timelines crumble with any significant change, even if just a few hours of time travel. Just the act of going back as far as they did had to have destroyed the original timeline.

7. Guy Gardener

I kinda thought that Ryan Robbins called her on that last week?

Then she was kinda lacklustre in trying not to admit that her persisting "hope" is groundless, which equates to Denial really, because as long as she doesn't say the truth outright, she's still in the game and the boy is in the play.

8. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

It seems like yesterday's episode "3 Minutes To Midnight" might possibly be a "jump the shark" moment.

Liber8 no longer has any meaningful purpose, after Ryan Robbins' character spilled the beans on the year 2039 in his timeline.

Otherwise, this episode seemed to have a "series finale" feel to it, albeit somewhat downbeat.

9. Aragorn

The Liber8 aspect of the show has always been pretty bad, and Julian is the worst part of the show period.

10. Guy Gardener

Julian is still not effected by this, since he still doesn't know anyone is from the future.

I was amazed by how powerful he truth could gum up the works with these people.

Way better than another shitty shoot out.

11. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

:wtf:

No it didn't. It had a "now everyone has to team up together to make sure this even shittier future doesn't happen" feel to it.

12. Guy Gardener

Like when Cobra joined forces with GI Joe and the Autobots to stop Megatron.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This series has been the final shove of my taste from no-beards to beards YES.

Ryan Robbins IS the handsomest man ever.

[​IMG]

He was very nice in Sanctuary but now quite some years older and with the beard jesus christ.. he is awesome.

I have been all beard primed because of John Grant who is my musical infatuation of the year(s). If you really really really deeply love an artist you start loving stuff about them you never noticed in anyone else or even didn't care for.. well I guess this happens in regular romantic love too. Anyway.. it's been a real treat watching Ryan Robbins in Continuum. Last season I was all about Jason but now that they've put him in an awful tweedy suit and he is no longer looking like a bike messenger I'm not very impressed. They descruffed him and I was quite upset about that but Ryan Robbins with a beard has helped me get over that big time.

The last episode.. I sure hope it stays like this, liberate jaded and disillusioned, everyone none the wise and thinking it is pointless to do anything out of an ideal. What's next? Well for Kiera, get back to her family. But everyone else? I'd like to see them totally fall apart. Some want to just forget about the future and live a good life where they are now. Others become jaded psychopaths. Fractured. I hope they don't get all united over something next ep.

The season is almost over. I feel like we are priming for a big twist n' change.

14. Guy Gardener

You're not looking at this fourth dimensionally Marty, what's happening is that we are not just closer to the end of season 3, but that we are also a hell of a lot closer to the beginning of season 4.

There's 40 seconds of film from A Million Ways to Die In the West that made my day. :)

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yay! the lame Liber8 plot may finally be over.

16. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope Lexa Doig isn't over! :(

17. Aragorn

On the episode where they show you someone who has the power to bring people back from the dead? What do you think? :p

So the traveler has to be someone we've already seen, right?

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Am I imagining things, or was that the same cabin and fishless pond that they used in SG1?

19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

depends on your view..i DEFINITELY thought it would have made a perfect series finale episode, if they had a last minute notice of cancellation.

People are on different pages, so the alliances are all open for debate. So will there be a third future that could come into play.

20. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Speaking of which - does anyone know if it's been renewed for another season?

According to wiki the renewal for this season was announced on June 5th last year but there's no update for a 4th season yet.