Doctor Who: The Figure Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Double ditto on this entire post. :techman: :techman:

2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Apparently they're doing another wave of the FX Talking Daleks and finally, a Special Weapons Dalek will be available in NA. I could care less about the talking bit but I'm picking one up so I can finally have a SWD. I could have easily got a friend in the UK to send me the Remembrance set but only wanted the SWD and not the others in the set so this is good.

And a new Pyramids of Mars set was announced too.

3. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's some pictures on Facebook. It's Marcus Scarman, the sarcophagus, and masked Sutekh with glowing eyes (with swappable heads so you can put the mask on the Sutekh from the earlier set, and the jackal head on Marcus). Plus a fold-out pyramid rocket somehow built into the packaging.

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Here is the packaging:

[​IMG]

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't been able to find out if the "vortex" sticker within the coffin is a simple 2D print or possibly a lenticular effect like those used upon the "title credit" collector cards that came with the 3rd and 4th Doctor sonic screwdrivers. You know, those cards that create either a basic 3D effect or the image changes depending upon the angle you view the sheet.

It's certainly not a "deal breaker' for me, but it would be a neat addition.

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oops! Never mind! I discovered the image above is a link to DoctorWhoToys.net and the description states, "Sarcophagus with Lenticular Insert" so I have my answer. Yay!

Sincerely,

Bill

7. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Hmm...I got the total opposite reaction. I think the new Doctor figure in the purple coat looks much better than this prototype one above in his old outfit.

As far as the playsets being mostly (if not entirely) cardboard, I don't mind because they appear to be more dioramas solely for display purposes than something meant for very rough play. Overall, I like what I'm seeing with the 3.75-inch line as it seems to still be landing somewhere between collectibles and actual toys, IMO.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

9. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, compared to my Eleventh Doctor figure, that is absolutely horrendous. The eyes... :rommie:

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Looks like Clara was eating a bit too much before heading out with Keannu Reeves as the Doctor.

11. C.E. Evans

Too me, they look pretty cool. My interest in Doctor Who toys have been kind of waning until now...

12. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I havnt bought a doctor who figure for a couple of years now, since standard Eleven and Eleven with mop and fez I think. But I didnt see the point of having the same doctors with just slight differences. And I was hoping to get a 5" doctor with long coat to match my other figures. =(

When i saw the news on character website, i was disapointed. But can see their point of producing cheaper versions, but I was hoping, really hoping that we would get a 5" doctor with long coat. Shame.

Also, because of the lower scale, detail kinda sucks. Elevens eyes?:eek:

Not a fan of the new 3.75". Need to see one in the flesh, as it were. ;)

13. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I find the new 3.75" figures horrid. The likenesses are no better than the Kenner Star Wars toys I had as a kid 30 years ago. And to each their own but I really don't get the folks on various DW boards singing the praises of the new scale Doctor and Clara. I can only hope, as some other 5" scale collectors do, that UT/FP will commission some exclusives of the 11th in his new attire and Clara.

14. Chris3123

This year's SDCC Exclusive has been revealed: it's Ace!

[​IMG]

She comes with a bazooka, baseball bat, Nitro-9 container, and removable backpack.

I know these SDCC figures go for a lot online afterwards, but this one I will definitely pick up. :techman:

15. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

OOOOOOOoooOOOOO!

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I never could find the spaceship toys here.

17. Samurai8472

18. C.E. Evans

^^^
    Tom Baker with his "Pertwee perm."

19. Samurai8472

Now you can complete the set

[​IMG]

Needs a chestburster though

20. Chris3123

AWESOME.

I looked this up and apparently he also comes with an alternate head, that of the 8th Doctor. I find that odd though, considering he never actually wore that outfit when he was the 8th Doctor. Anyway, I'm sure the the custom builders will be happy to have an official short-haired McGann head to work with.

ETA: Oh, and speaking of Hurt Doctor related toys, they're making his sonic.