Last Classic Who Story you watched

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Pindar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Could have been either The Happiness Patrol or Dragonfire.

Speaking of Dragonfire, actually I thought it was a pretty cool story! I don't know why the doctor decided to climb over the edge but that's hardly extremely important to the story.

2. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The extra on Space Museum about cast holidays is pretty funny.

Dragonfire introduces Ace so I can forgive it the weird climbing over the ledge scene.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

See, what's a redeeming feature for some is an aggravating factor for others. ;)

4. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished watching THE FACE OF EVIL with my little one. I was amazed that, after 30-some years, I still vividly remembered a lot of the details, like the look and sound of the laser-type guns (they played a very distinctive melody when firing) and the part with Xoanon chanting "Destroy and be free!"

Hopefully I don't have a four year old screaming that and ripping the place apart for the next couple weeks.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Funny you bring this up, as Dragonfire is the next serial I'm going to watch. For the first time no less.

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I watched the 1st 3 parts of "Terror of the Autons." Roger Delgado is the man!:cool:

Exactly! It's like when I was recently showing my friend some pictures of some of the classic Doctors. We got to the photos of Davison, C. Baker, & McCoy and she mentioned (without any hint of irony or sarcasm), "I like the question marks on their outfits.":techman:

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I like the question mark motif too.

Anyways, I just watched Dragonfire last night.

I quite liked it. My favorite of McCoy's era so far (I'm watching them in order, for the first time as well). It was fun to see the introduction of Ace; and the exit of Mel (though it did feel a tad sudden, there was literally no build up to it).

Much has been made of the silly "cliffhanger" at the end of the first episode, and it is silly, but it certainly didn't ruin my enjoyment of the story.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Question marks ok when they're used subtly, and it would have been better if every Doctor in a row from Baker to McCoy hadn't had them as part of the outfit.

I quite fancy a shirt with ?s on the collar though :lol:

Back to the op, I started rewatching The Mind Robber last night, should have it finished over the next few days.

Do other people watch them as individual eps with gaps in between, or do people just watch them one after another in a row btw?

9. Pindar

Depends how long they are. I started watching the Chase lase night it's quite long so I will watch between now and Sunday.

Sunday afternoon when I have the house to myself and tend to watch a whole disk and then - guilty pleasure - fall asleep on the couch listening to the commentary.

10. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Generally, I watch the lot in one go. I remember being annoyed at having to wait a day - or worse, a weekend - to see the next episode (patience has never been my strong suit :lol:); now I can avoid that irritant. Finding the time to watch entire serials (of any duration) is another issue altogether, though.

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just yesterday I watched Planet of Giants and Vengeance on Varos. Planet of Giants was good, though very predictable. Vengeance on Varos was pretty cool.

12. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm not a huge fan of "Vengeance on Varos" as a whole, but I do think Sil was a fun little villain. I wish they'd bring him back on the classic series.

When I'm unemployed, I tend to have time to watch them in one go. But now that I'm working, I tend to only fit in 1 or 2 episodes at a time before bed.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Varos only has one flaw if you ask me, yes Jason Connery I am looking at you!

I tend to watch them individually. Sometimes I might watch a couple in one go, but rarely the entire story.

14. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I got to admit that I always get Frontios, Meglos and Varos mixed up.

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watched Curse of Fenric today. It was alright, though I'm beginning to notice a lot of tropse that keep popping up throughout Sylvester McCoy's run. Specifically dead people reanimated and Nazis.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Terror Of The Vervoids, Pip and Jane Baker's first Doctor Who story and it's still overly complicated, I guess that's so that we don't figure out whothe killer is too early on. The charge of genocide came out of nowhere though.

17. Mr Soak

Mr Soak Commodore Commodore

Actually, Pip and Jane did the previous season's The Mark of the Rani.

18. Pindar

I'm still watching the chase, the console room looks huge in thi story and there is a lot of light jazz as the TARDIS flies through the vortex.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been a crabby viewer lately so I figured I'd take on a story that is NOT generally loved so my current bias wouldn't be wasted on a good episode I might enjoy more at some other time.

What did I choose: Horns of Nimon! I could see where when Who might've been fighting for respectability that the Nimon costume and over-the-top acting by head sycophant Soldeed might have caused some facepalms in the day. However, now that time has passed and that's part of the charm of old Who it adds a welcome funny edge. Very Ming the Merciless, that Soldeed. I like the Nimon's voice even if he seems a bit too gangly and upright to be as physically imposing as he perhaps should be.

The Doctor is pretty amusing in this one with lots of teeth and curls charm being effortlessly displayed and Lalla Ward puts in a pretty earnest performance taking up the slack on the serious action hero side. Her outfit seems very Doctorish to boot.

20. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

That's right my fault. :alienblush: