SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Why stay in Charming though? If this were 'reality,' the smartest thing they'd do is lose the jackets, dress like normal people, hop in a couple of cars, and get a motel room a good distance away (such as the next state over in either direction) but close enough to get back in a hurry if they really need to.

With the exception of their facial hair, they really wouldn't stand out all that much. But, c'est la vie.

2. tommulligan

tommulligan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

All true. I'm just thinking In terms that would make for a more dramatic story. In skits case it's better to negotiate from a position of strength, "you guys owe me."

In gemma's case she has benn around too many tequila bottles to black out on shots alone.

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Probably they don't want to leave the club leaderless if a really bi crisis happens.

Anybody else annoyed by the fact that the geeky fat guy is still around? The other new aditions at least look like gangsters.

4. Mister Fandango

Are they even in Charming still? I find it hard to believe that this high-class cathouse exists in ''their'' small town and not a single person had a clue about it until now. Especially considering that they've had their fingers in similar pies since the start of the series.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Smits did day that the place was off the beaten path or something to that effect. Also Samcro probably wouldnt even notice something like a high class cathouse as they appear to deal with a lower class of clientel and they have been a tad busy these past few years dealing with bigger problems.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That, plus he might have set up shop while they were still in Stockton, unless there was dialog I missed somewhere along the line.

7. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

Dawn's fate was the most uncomfortable I've ever been watching this show since probably as far back as Donna. Gut-wrenching stuff, right there. So, Opie vs. Tig: who is the most damaged now?

Kurt Sutter tortures his characters at the same rate Joss Whedon kills his off, it seems.

8. Drago-Kazov

Put Clay into an old people's home. Its pathethetic. When was the last time he got laid?

9. Icemizer

If it wasnt for the scene in the premiere where he couldnt get on his bike I would have thought Clay to be faking most of his recovery.
    Glad Ope has come back in.
    I couldnt read the important papers the guys lifted from the safe except one was a birth certificate and the other a marriage license. Anyone make out the names on those documents?

10. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The birth certificate was for Thomas, Jax's brother. The marriage certificate was for Gemma's marriage. I could make out her name but not the rest very clearly, I assume her marriage to John. Now, why are the new guys raiding Charming. Could they be working for the CIA, too?

11. Icemizer

Thanks Kodos.

12. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

The most common speculation I'm seeing is that they're working for Clay. As for why, well... I haven't really connected those dots yet.

13. Drago-Kazov

What could Clay gain from this? Do the robbers take away valuable stuff? If not how would Clay pay them.

14. Gov Kodos

I'm doubtful it's Clay behind them since he knows what was in there and could have cleaned out the safe himself at any time. I wonder if they are working for Parada and the CIA. They might be looking for background information on Clay and the club leadership as part of a developing plan B. Less likely, they could be getting information for Pope, but there's nothing but idle speculation to that idea based on Pope striking out at the family of the SOA leadership.

15. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

That's a good theory...but I'm in the camp that thinks Clay is pulling the strings. I think he left valuable information in the safe to make it look like he has suffered a hit as well, while he is actually making one last power play. Yes, he has been hurt, but he isn't totally broken yet.

16. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I could of sworn it was the new Samcro member played by Chuck Zito sitting shotgun in the car before the safe was dumped. Clay's totally behind it i think, twice in the show we come to him sitting alone and drinking like he's plotting.

17. Gov Kodos

It's the three nomads with the safe and papers. It would add to votes to keep Clay in the club if they are working for him or beholding to him. And Unser is sure that the attack on the house wasn't the Niners because they didn't overdo it on him and probably didn't even say much. Just got in and got the safe. I guess where those papers show up later will be interesting.

18. Mister Fandango

Yeah, the whole point of showing the prosthetic limb during the invasion was to tell us, the audience, that it was Kurt Yaeger's character, who is one of the new recruits. I'm not sure how Unser could have missed it though; he's a trained cop and should have picked up on it even as he's getting a beating.

19. Gov Kodos

He may not have missed it, hence his talking to Eli, but he can't prove it nor who's behind it if he did reconize the attacker by the limb. On the other hand, the guys came in real quick, so he may not have noticed the limb or may recall it later. We don't know yet if he's seen the Nomad members, I don't think.

20. Gov Kodos

Wow, Opie, I guess there weren't a lot of directions the character had left. Get out of the club all together or come to a bad end. But that was, wow, brutal.