‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

The plot is inspired by the Miller comic. Most likely Batman is going after Superman because he feels that Superman is being controlled by the military or the government.

2. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It matters if you're O.J. Simpson.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That would be a bit of a turn around, considering Man Of Steel.

5. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

IOnspired by yes, but it hardly makes any sense for Superman to be working for the government in this case.

6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Technically it was owned by Wayne Industrties and Bruce is still answerable to the shareholders.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Still, I wouldn't have thought one satellite was high on his list of priorities.

8. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

It's still mere speculation n my part, but I'm sure the battle for Metropolis caught his attention. Although it is kind of funny having all these heroes in Batman VS Supeman showing up only after the events of MOS are well over with. I mean where were they when they were needed?

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasn't just losing that commsat. It was Zod having turned it into ammunition with which to kill people in Metropolis.

10. Captaindemotion

I've heard speculation that the footage being filmed last week of Affleck in Bruce's civvies and driving a car is actually set during the climax of MOS, showing what he was up to then. It might explain the damage to the city.

11. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a chase scene they were filming. And wouldn't have made more sense for Bruce to have flown to Metropolis in teh Batwing or plane rather trying to fight the outgoing traffic coming from the city?

12. Captaindemotion

Well, what I've heard is that he's supposed to have been in Metropolis on business when the brown stuff hits the fan. For all we know, he's then jumping in the car to return to Gotham or whatever.

One of the scenes filmed shows him rescuing a kid from falling debris, so it wasn't all a chase scene. Besides, surely your argument could apply even if this is a brand-new bit of destruction - why is Bruce in his civvies and not the Batgear an why is he racing an ordinary car and not the Batmobile?

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Since he's older, for all we know, Bruce had retired and came back after the end of MOS - so had no gear to hand in that period.

14. Captaindemotion

Yeah, it might also be a way of answering the 'why didn't Batman help out?' question that's been raised since it was known that he was around during the end of MOS.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ooo, maybe he's visiting Metropolis with Selena when the whole MOS goes down and she gets killed. That would piss him off.

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Is it wrong that I'm already bored with this movie?

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that idea, although it shows Superman to be even more inept if Bruce Wayne is saving people during the destruction and Superman was shown only saving... Lois Lane. Oh, and that family at the end.

Unless that's the point and that's Bruce's POV in Batman vs. Superman: that Superman is dangerous and poses a threat to mankind. Which I can totally buy - showing Bruce's role in the destruction from Man of Steel would help set-up Bruce's POV well enough.

I just hope that we actually then see Superman realize the consequences of his actions in Man of Steel. I would be a lot less hard on Man of Steel if we saw a Superman in Batman vs. Superman admit and grow from his mistakes/errors. I know a lot of people are quick to defend Superman's actions in Man of Steel, but it would be nice to at least acknowledge the overall destruction and loss of life in that movie. At the very least, it would show growth and development on Superman's part. Which would be nice to see given that we only saw Superman come into his own at the end of the last movie. Even though he's sharing billing with Batman this time around, some character development on Superman's part would still be nice.

18. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All this plot speculation reminds me of the months and years leading up to ST09 and STID. People got really bent out of shape way before anything was actually known about the scripts. Looks like this one is going to go the same way. :lol:

19. Captaindemotion

^But isn't that part of the fun?

20. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Truthfully the scene and the pictures are out of context, it would nice to know about the scenes in question.