VOTE | ENT Avatar Contest | Broken Bow/How Do You Do

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Skywalker, Jul 9, 2012.

?

VOTE FOR TWO IN EACH CATEGORY!

Poll closed Jul 12, 2012.
  1. *** Episode: "Broken Bow" ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. HopefulRomantic

58.3%
  3. I am Surak

8.3%
  4. jespah

25.0%
  5. JiNX-01

8.3%
  6. Praetor_Shinzon

66.7%
  7. Skywalker

16.7%
  8. *** Theme: How Do You Do ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. HopefulRomantic

50.0%
  10. I am Surak

16.7%
  11. jespah

16.7%
  12. JiNX-01

33.3%
  13. Praetor_Shinzon

25.0%
  14. Skywalker

41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

how about a short timespan between the close of the enter thread and the beginning of the poll so that people can make predictions on who they think will win the Theme and Random Theme contest. The winner gets to name the random-theme theme.
    That way members who do not want to make avatars or cannot make them get in on the action too.
    I volunteer to make the book.

2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

^^ Sorry, Surak, you lost me. Not sure what you're proposing. Have another go at explaining, by all means.

In the meantime, how about this:

Episode, Theme, and Random Theme contests each round, and entrants can enter as few or as many as they choose.

I like the idea of the Episode winner picking the next episode. We can cross each one off the master list of 98 so we won't have the same episode getting picked every month or two. ;)

Theme and Random Theme winners get to come up with the next themes, respectively.

I would also encourage everyone to try for brand-new entries. I know it will be tougher on those of us who don't have much disposable time, but there are some avatars that we've seen entered several times now, and it's always fun to see new ideas and uncommon pictures. TrekCore is loaded with screencaps, and several of us have our own collections to supplement.

And if you want to put Travis in every shot, go wild. :D But the Theme contest should cover stuff like that just fine.

As for length of each thread, we seem to be doing okay with about 7-10 days per contest - 4 days for the entry thread, with more if it feels right to the contest-runner, and 3 days to vote. Speak up if you have a different view.

Comments?

3. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

I meant it like betting on the horses or the street races or a boxing match. Boardmembers' entries are the horses. The vote results are which horse wins.
    Those who cannot make avatars, or do not want to, have a contest to enter that way. Since we cannot bet money the winner gets to pick the next random theme.
    For example Miss lemon could bet that Skywalker wins the theme with 6 votes. If he does Miss lemon would get to pick the random theme.
    I would think that this added feature would give more people a chance to play and win.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I kinda like that idea. However, I can see it starting out strong and then petering out after a few contests.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this all sounds good to me. so, how about we get started in a few days? i'll start us over with 'These Are The Voyages...' and you will of course pick the Ent theme. all we need to do is come up with a random theme.

6. Skywalker

Well, Praetor, since you won this contest, shouldn't you be able to pick the next episode? ;)

Unless you actually want to do TATV, for some reason. :ouch:

7. Saga

but TATV is a valentine for us fans! kidding. i thought we may as well get it over with and out of the way.

8. Skywalker

Eh, good point.

9. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

HR's set of rules works perfectly for me. I'm also on board for starting with TATV, for the reasons stated by Praetor_Shinzon. :techman:

10. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Yep, let's send it packin' quickly. Heh, maybe the random theme could be valentines or ironic valentines?

11. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Okay, Surak, I think I get what you're proposing. Currently we already "bet" on winners with our votes, and people who don't enter can vote on those who do, so let's leave the betting to Vegas and Atlantic City and stick with voting here. :)

It looks like we've settled on the parameters for the Winner Picks Episode! go-round. I'll get a new winners page up when I carve out some spare time-- in other words, we'll all keep track of the episodes as we use them in the meantime. ;)

For the Theme to go with everybody's favorite TATV, how about Against the Grain: some element about Enterprise that a lot of people hate, but you happen to like. Episode, character, costume, scene, storyline, special effect...you get the idea.

Shinzon, why don't you pick the Random Theme to get us started, and have at it! :techman:

12. Saga

for our first random theme how about summer. i'll try to get the new thread up later this evening.